Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: 50 years of Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Dacar92 View Post
    I can't believe that a stupid show about so called "celebrities" dancing is the number 1 show in Britain. Is that really good TV? I know, I know, other stupid shows are popular too. Just goes to show that you don't have to make good TV to get ratings.
    My Dad watches Dancing with the Stars Every Week.
    But his life is all swing dancing in retirement so it makes sense in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacar92 View Post
    First question: not exactly. There was an episode in which the Time Lords tried using the Master to help them during a crises. It was called The 5 Doctors and was the 20th anniversary special.

Second question: it's a rather long story. During an earlier generation of the Doctor, the Time Lords were in a war with the Daleks. It was called the Time War. This story has never been told except for the fact that the [apparently] the 8th Doctor was the one to end the war by killing all the Time Lords and Daleks at the same time. Whatever he did caused him to regenerate and he turned into the 9th Doctor who started the new series in 2005.

With this new revelation last night it turns out that the 8th Doctor died during the war and regenerated into the War Doctor (John Hurt) and it was the War Doctor who ended the war. But now that time has been rewritten it didn't turn out that way. The Time Lords are apparently out there somewhere, perhaps locked in a time loop or something and the Doctor can go find them, if that's want the writers want him to do in some future stories.
    Thanks for the detailed reply, but this is the one I was thinking of:
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_End...%28TV_story%29
    I am a relative late-comer to DW, have not seen the 20th anniversary special

Changing how the Time War ended may not change the fact that the Time Lords (or at least their Leaders) have gone to the Dark Side. It would certainly be interesting to see them return as antagonists in future episodes

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by fmulder View Post
    Time Lords (or at least their Leaders) have gone to the Dark Side. It would certainly be interesting to see them return as antagonists in future episodes
    My Turkey was a TiMe LorD!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Confirmed! Peter Jackson's in 'serious' discussions to direct Doctor Who

Peter Jackson has confirmed he’s officially been in talks to direct an episode of Doctor Who. Can we have a Geronimo!?
    In fact, the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit director has revealed that discussions for him to step behind the camera for a Who episode are "actually kind of serious."
    It’s been around for a while now that Peter Jackson—a die-hard fan of the beloved sci-fi series—has expressed his love of Who and desire to helm an episode back in his native New Zealand (which would be really, really cool).
    The famous director even made a recent cameo appearance in “The Five(ish)Doctors” just last month for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.

IncGamers Member SuggestiveName's Avatar

So, up until I guess this August, my total exposure to Doctor Who was basically reaction gifs on reddit. For no reason whatsoever, I ended up watching the live announcement of the 12th on BBCA, and the next day started on series 1 of new Who on Netflix. Before the end of October I was done with series 7. It's actually a bit of withdrawal right now with no new episodes to consume. I suppose I should consider classic episodes, but the special effects and production qualities just kill me when I try to watch them.

A Peter Jackson episode would be cool, but what I really want is an Edgar Wright directed episode. Especially if he could drag Simon Pegg and Nick Frost into it. Pegg's been on the show before, and if you saw The World's End you know how that basically went as a boozy Doctor Who.