Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Help I'm stuck on solo Baal (Normal)..

Bowas tend to be bad against act bosses. Just suck it up, you only need to kill him once, on p1.

Thanks I think I'm good now. I took a respec and found Saracen's Chance (+12 all attributes and 19 all res). I spam freezing arrow and Valkyrie on act bosses right now and FA+LF+decoy to clear the acts. Cold imune + LI are killed by my valkyrie+merc. So unless I screw up and if I can survive a FA fight vs baal for like 60 minutes (his clone will be the only problem) I should be able to go all the way trough hell and hopefully finish this game for once.

Duriel is gonna be... very interesting and another very long fight and will have to be killed using LF+valkyrie I suppose :P.

New build:
    - 20 LF
    - 15 Freezing Arrow (will max to 20)
    - 15 Cold Arrow (synergy)
    - 17 valkyrie
    - 3 decoy (will add more here)
    - 2 pierce & 2 critical
    - 1 in all other passives and prerequisites.

EDIT:
    Duriel went down by my merc+valkyrie. I don't know why/how but every 5 seconds or so she lost like 1-2 cm of her lifebar? I don't know if it was the thorns aura but she went down really fast and didn't even want to kill my merc. 3 more to go.

EDIT:
    Mephisto also died by some unknown damage source. I just stood there idle for like 45 seconds and she died on my merc+valkyrie... Anyway, 2 more to go.

I found it:
    The level 15 thorns aura from the edge runeword seems to cause it. Why it does this much damage however I don't know. Izual just killed himself with the thorns aura. W/o thorns his hp bar depleted very slowly. Now I understand why people call this the "boss killer" bow. And in hell it's a LOT more effective than in Normal/NM. Even to the point that I suspect it being bugged. Because I thought that Thorns/Iron Maiden where both nerfed + they should have a penalty in hell afaik.
    Diablo took somewhat longer to kill because of him casting spells but still... Such a lame way to win :P. 1 more to go.

EDIT:
    Still no good bow but I found an ethereal "Wrath Flight" from "Tresh Socket".

Last EDIT:
    Woohoo I beat the game solo hc untwinked pure players1 w/o necro/assassin. And these drops.. Guess who found a (crap but unique) bow after 81 levels after he beat the game? Me. See screenshot. Even though I did not find one single decent bow throughout the game I did find 2 really nice throwing weapons and after that respec in act1 Hell from pure bow to hybrid I pretty much flew through it. Thanks all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silverdash; 12-08-2013 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdash View Post
    As long as you can outdamage a boss's regeneration and dodge all it's abilities then yeah you could in theory eventually beat the game solo hc /players8 with only crap gear or no gear.
    still a nice read:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...n-superdave-go

If u're not only intrested in killing Baal once this might be a good Ama build for u:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...de-WS-K-Amazon

Yeah I watched super dave's story a bit. He seems to kill duriel with just the valkyrie + decoy. I did about the same I guess only with +thorns aura (which is really overpowered). Still this guy is insanely good and insanely patient. But I wanted to do it with just a bow (untwinked) but she takes like 0.0001 damage from it.

Nah I just wanted to do it once. I never solo beat hc ever before, not to mention untwinked. Just a personal achievement that I wanted .

Didn't read everything but I didn't see any mention on boosting your merc's dmg output (do you even have one!?). Give him a runeword with crushing blow if possible, or open wounds. It will help you on those boss fights.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Didn't read everything but I didn't see any mention on boosting your merc's dmg output (do you even have one!?). Give him a runeword with crushing blow if possible, or open wounds. It will help you on those boss fights.
    You're too late. My brothers have escaped you. Er, I mean you're too late: he already beat the game.

Honestly buddy, if you want to run a bowa untwinked and enjoy it, i would do single player 1.00-1.09. In those versions its totally viable and fun to boot. 1.10 just messed up the monster life too hard for weapon damage chars