Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BattleTag Mortalo-2201

Re: Legendary Item Drop Survey Results

I decided to make my list too, even though I'm playing with around 200-230% magic find (it's most I ever had, but legs were still dropping for me before, including Tal Rasha's chest with All Res). My runs are usually long:
    A1 - Leoric's Manor, Festering, Fields of Misery (until KeyWarden), Cemetery, Hollowed (since few runs), Fields of Misery (clearing whats left), (Sometimes Warden and/or Butcher)
    A3 - Keep's Depths 2, Rakkis, Stonefront, Arreat Crater 3 -> Azmodan, (Sometimes I'm doing also other stuff)
    so I'm doing 1-2 runs per day.

Statistics
    Spoiler

Results are satisfying a lot. I never had so many legs dropped (though I didn't played a lot since 1.08 came alive) but I never run with so many MF too. I had many legs dropping before (some legacy are still in my stash). First legs dropped A2 normal, consecutive from champion pack and treasure goblin (I wasn't able to calm down from first leg when 2nd dropped, that was fun - killed champion pack -> leg, moved few inches, I see gobbie -> another leg ), that was 3-4 days after game release at Caldeum Sewers.

Some info
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Mortalo; 27-08-2013 at 14:26.

IncGamers Member

Okay, here's a few more data points. I've been spreading my play time around a bit, between low-mid level HC and my MF Demon Hunter in softcore (though I often wonder if all that MF has any effect on Legendaries).

Item Name Item Type I Lvl Dropped By MF% MP
    Visage of Giyua Leg. Voodoo Mask 63 trash mob 454 4
    The Executioner Leg. 2-H Axe 19 trash mob 62 4
    Blackthorne's Spurs Set Boots 63 Jar of Souls reward 429 3
    Tzo Krin's Gaze Leg. Spirit Stone 61 yellow elite 429 3
    The Undisputed Champion Leg. Mighty Belt 29 treasure goblin 54 4
    Monster Hunter Leg. 1-H Sword 24 champion pack 48 4
    Born's Defiance Set Blacksmith Plans 23 white chest 39 3

I definitely had some unusual finds, especially getting a set item from the Jar of Souls. The big surprise was finding the plans for Born's Defiance - this was the first time I found any of the Legendary/Set plans, but it was such a random drop (clicked on a white chest in Kulle's Archives) that was extremely unexpected. Most likely it will be the only time I ever find one of these (unless Blizzard drastically changes the drop rates for them). Stupidly, I rushed back to town to give them to my blacksmith, instead of checking on the value in AH for selling the plans. At least I now have access to some decent low level chest armor/shoulder crafting for other HC characters...though the sword looks to be pretty crappy for its level.

Good hunting! =^-^=

Reaper of Souls Beta Tester bluedragon's Avatar
    BattleTag BlueDragon-2603

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalo View Post

27.08.2013 (+9)- Was doing some key runs lately, many short runs. It looks that longer runs were giving me more legs - it's just better to kill more.
    [/SPOILER]
    it is more like the drop rate has been nerfed on EU since I'am also not getting many legendaries in my runs in past 3 days also although I'am still doing the same long runs with same character(4 runs no legs,one run with 2 at start then nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon View Post
    it is more like the drop rate has been nerfed on EU since I'am also not getting many legendaries in my runs in past 3 days also although I'am still doing the same long runs with same character(4 runs no legs,one run with 2 at start then nothing)
    I'm strongly skeptical of any "hot fix better/worse drop rate" claims, since anyone's individual RNG has such variability. I haven't played any Monk for a few days, but last week I was finding more legs than almost ever before with that char; pulling in 1 or 2 almost every game, and I was doing fairly short keyrun type games on MP4 or MP5 with 475% MF. I found 7 legs in 3 key runs, playing maybe 45m in total time, but could just as easily have found zero in those same number of games.

For example, I'm on something like a 4/24 streak in finding demonic organs from Ubers, with all games on MP4 or MP5. That few from so many games is under 10% probability, but indicates really bad luck, rather than some secret game change.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Reaper of Souls Beta Tester bluedragon's Avatar
    BattleTag BlueDragon-2603

I was just joking,didn't mean to anger you Flux.I know it's bad luck,had a lot of that before.

I've had a quick look at this thread and, as someone with a background on statistics, I am somewhat skeptical that the approach suggested can yield meaningful results. Here's how I would do it:

1. At the start of your favorite run, check your monster kill count.

2. Do the run and for each leg, fill in:
    monster type, mf, MP, item lvl, item type(optional)

3. Check monster kill count at the end.

The idea is to get a ratio on leg drops per number of monsters killed. Some data cross-checks could then be performed to find the distribution functions, i.e. probLegDrop as function of mf and item lvl.

Fine-tuning for monster type could be acheived if you keep track of number of elites found in run, and type. But that might be too troublesome. Fine-tuning for MP is in principle easier, since you can factor out probabilities of extra drops, etc.

A really rigorous tabulation would be awesome, but short of someone writing a program that tallied kills, items found, MF, etc, I don't see it happening. And even then without access to the actual game engine and RNG calculator, it would only give us observation

This thread was meant just to get a handle on the overall drop rates and frequency of items, and it's been useful for that. Partially since it got me to research the items and to count up the actual number of legendary/set helms, belts, pants, etc. So now everyone knows they're not just getting unlucky when they find 1 Mempo per ever 30 total legendary helms dropped, etc.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)