Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Problem with Infinity

Hello Incgamers!

I have an issue. My light sorc wears all the top notch gear except Griffons and merc has infinity , forty and andy

I cannot break light immunes in hell with conviction. What is the problem? I cannot even break storm casters immunities!

Re: Problem with Infinity

No idea, infi should work there

Does the merc have enough str/dex to use his pole?

IncGamers Member

Conviction only applies within a 13 1/3 yard radius, so anything beyond that will remain Immune to Lightning. For reference:

http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/image...Conviction.png

If the Immune to Lightning label is removed but they still appear to take little or no lightning damage, this may be because you're equipping little or no -% Enemy Lightning Resistance, and their damage regeneration is countering what little they do take (particularly at higher player counts).

The only other thing that springs to mind is possible confusion between the Insight (Meditation Aura When Equipped) and Infinity (Conviction Aura When Equipped) Rune Words and their respective aura, although I only include that for the sake of completeness.

I'm very supsicious about an Infinity that doesn't function.

1/ Is your merc surrounded by a greenish aura ?
    2/ Are the monsters also surrounded by that greenish aura when you merc is close to them ?
    When the monster has the greenish aura, in most cases, the lighning immunity disapears.
    Note that very few monsters in Hell have a high lightning resistance that cannot be broken by Infinity.

IncGamers Member

It worked. I had to re-equip it. Strange but true.

I've already seen something similar, maybe a bug.
    Sometimes after the merc had died or after some changes in equipement, the aura does not come back.
    You generally solve the problem by re-equipping the merc, as you did.

IncGamers Member

Prior to 1.13d, there was a bug whereby the last mercenary item equipped by a player determined what Aura When Equipped was supplied by the mercenary: if the last item equipped during a game had none, then none was supplied. However, equipping the Aura When Equipped item last would allow it to be supplied, and death and resurrection or joining a game would allow all Auras When Equipped to be supplied, rather than just that of the last item equipped.