Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Valkyrie equipment

Earlier today I had a valkyrie that was spamming Frost Nova, slowing all the monsters down. It actually worked pretty well, although I'd have preferred Amplify Damage.

I've been curious about the details of the valkyrie's equipment, as it's apparent that while she is generally a worthy tank, not all valkyries are equal. Some are more equal than others. A lot more, really. All I've seen about it has been information about what slevel is needed for the valkyrie to acquire pieces of gear and about the colors of the weapons and armor signifying certain mods. But that doesn't say much about what the equipment actually confers, and I don't know of any way to look at the equipment. Anyone have the details of valkyrie equipment? It seems like the sort of thing that would be of interest to, well, anyone that uses the skill.

IncGamers Member

Re: Valkyrie equipment

Responding to my own post before anyone else does because I just went back to my bowazon again and got a valkyrie that seems to have all of the procs. I mean, she doesn't, but I sure am seeing a lot of procs when she hits stuff, including the elusive Amplify Damage (which I haven't seen from a valkyrie in a long time). I don't want to lose this valkyrie! Now I feel compelled to play for as long as I can get away with because I know my next valkyrie won't be as powerful as this one. For some reason, the Plains of Despair this game are full of physical immune uniques. Over half of them I've managed to kill with Magic Arrow before my valkyrie could curse them, as she has a pretty low chance of casting the curse (I'm guessing it's a 5% chance to cast a level 1 Amplify Damage, which isn't gamebreaking, but it's still nice), but the few that did get cursed dropped instantly.

She has dark gold armor and a white spear.
    Last edited by Namtar; 29-07-2013 at 06:55. Reason: It's Plains of Despair, not Planes of Despair, idiot.

IncGamers Member

This post contains details of the items a Valkyrie equips based on skill level, and the Amazon Basin Diablo II wiki's Valkyrie page contains details of item level (min (22 + (3*slvl) , 99) ), quality level and affix level. The magic or rare items she equips are the same as any other magic or rare items that spawn: for example, your Valkyrie must have spawned equipping a rare spear with the of Amplify Damage suffix, applying 5% Chance to Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on Striking. Other items could spawn with other Chances to Cast on Striking, on Attack or When Struck.

On the same note, i think there was a level 12 or something when it spawned with a lance so if you play classic that would be a good soft ceiling

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

The accepted standard is to level the Valk to 17 either with hard points or with + to skills. The level 17 pike upgrade is really the best upgrade that's worth the points. Here is a more detailed information of Valk gear with some debate and back & forth between members here, including what the Valk colors mean.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!