Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lets do a formal introduction

Hello all,

My name is BKC my real name is not all that important since i really like being somewhat anonymous on the internet. However some people here might now my real name and i kindly ask them not to mention it

First of all let me serve you a cup of coffee, tea or a nice cold beverage! *runs to the kitchen for the pleasantries*

I am a gamer, nerd, computer geek through and through... with all the plus and downsides that come with it! On top of it all i am addicted to at least two "ines" caffeine and nicotine...

Now that you know a little bit about the person behind the BKC nickname let me get to the diablo 2 part:

I have been playing d2 since the release starting in classic ending up in 1.13d (LOD) been online since around 2002/3 1.09 and 1.10 have been away until 1.12 hit the shelves. Played SC for a while in 2009/2010 maintaining the Europe price list. etc... Roughly a year and a half back i decided to go HC and play in the gauss community until the long awaited release of diablo 3. After a month of d3 i lost interest and decided to go back to my roots which was online trading in d2 (that what i most liked in 2002/2003) until now The bots and economy killed that fun for me and i have decided to go SP. All self found (for as long as i can keep that up).

I greatly enjoy caster classes and amazons. I am not a melee addict but i like playing smiters and frenzy barbs. I have not really tried any of the crazy outrageous builds yet but i am sure i can think of a few... and i am really considering a bearsorc or bearzon in the near future

Before anyone starts wondering im 33 years young a relative youngster i think on these boards!

Hope you have enjoyed your stay! See you around!

Regards,
    BKC

IncGamers Member

Re: Lets do a formal introduction

Will you play SC or HC? What strategy do you have for getting gear fast, self-found? This restart what I did was pretty standard: untwinked necro -> Blizz sorc with some basic items -> hammerdin.

PS.
    And hello.

You need to consider joining our HC MP crew here! We are great fun, and its always so much nicer to blame someone else for your deedz!

*kicks shins*
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

IncGamers Member

Cheers man! 02-03...ahh the good ole days

Hello and good luck!
    Pyro's right, give up the self-found and play with us

i will be playing both i guess!

I started a meteorb sorc in SC (like i always do with a ladder reset lol) i rolled a nice map with CP wp close to both den of evil and the lair where coldcrow lives (i keep forgetting if it is called the hole or not) both the cabins with the extended chests are also close to it. I am playing with /players 3 now and that wields results found some nice yellow items already including a nice ring.

a HC project will be started in the near future what it will be is still a big questionmark

It's the cave!

You going to farm coldcrow for a gull?

aye also some minor sorc gear that kind of stuff

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699

BKC,

My name is ZeroAffex, some know my real name but for here I will keep it a secret. I am 24 years old, turning 25 this September 3.. Funny D3 for console comes out on my Bday.. As you see under my screenie i live in Arizona. I am kinda in the same boat as you. Back in 1998-2000 my best friend and I got our hands on Diablo 1 for PS1. We played it for nearly 2 years straight, then middle school got in the way, started getting in trouble and so we never touched it again. I found a Diablo 1 game at a garage sell back in 2001-2 and played it off and on with this old computer I had, it wasn't as fun as when my best friend and I played it on the ps1 but I did have many late nights killing demons with it! I picked up a Battlechest that had D1, D2 and D2X back in 2004'ish. I played it for about 6 months and gave it up. I was heavily into drugs and partying, so I never got to appreciate the game back then. I do remember taking 2 characters through Normal mode, a Druid and Necro. I didnt have internet then, so I never got to research builds, trade or patch my game. So it was all 1.07 then. I sold my Battlechest at a garage sell before moving to Oregon back in 2008.

I bought a computer from Dell in November 2012, well they sent me a broken computer, yea.. but for apology, they sent me Diablo 3 for free. So once I got my second computer, I installed D3 and played it til this last June. The only reason I was able to continue playing D3 for that long was my best friend also bought the game in December, so we would play together like we did in the old days. Honestly, D3 is just insulting for us Diablo fans. Even though it had been almost 10 years since I played D2, I knew for sure it was hands down WAY better than its predicessor. I finally convinced my best friend to try Diablo 2 with me, RobbyD's 1.09 thread about time traveling really inspired me to try Diablo 2 again, also my bud never played it and was getting bored of D3, since we both had about 150-200 HF rings and found not 1 complete set or any gear to get us past MP4 Inferno. All the players on there spent 100's of dollars and play MP10, or play on low MP's to show off. It was monotonous and all the MP games we played felt like a special olympics race. People just rush ahead, dont explore the maps and constantly brag about their gear and put you down for your gear. SO, we did it! We went back to D2 and man, I am so damn happy we did! My best friend is working alot right now but he is so impressed with D2s features compared to D3.

I left Bnet forums and joined this wonderful website. Already I met alot of wonderful people here RobbyD, Thyiad, Grape and others, learned alot of the Diablo universe and gained a much deeper appreciation for Diablo 1 and 2. When I first started back up I made a Barbarian for 1.12, played him til lvl 24 and after dieing a 1000 times on Act 2 I decided to come on here and seek help. I read fishmancers were good farming and starter class, so I went with that, got him to Hell at lvl 75. Just last week I finally got my hands on some Classic 1.03 disc as well as some 1.07 LoD CD's and am playing 1.09d now! Its soooo much fun playing on the older Patch. RobbyD and his guide have really helped me out. Got my Barb up to NM this morning at lvl 48 and its just a blast!

Hey man, when you decide to go HC, please contact me! I have been dying to do some HC action but would like to do it with others so we can watch each others back. D3 all my best friend and I did towards the end was HC and it was better SC for sure, but the economy is getting pretty messed up there now too with botting and lack of people dying. So if your interested let me know! D2 HC seems super extreme compared to D3, I can't imagine losing a lvl 99 since it takes soooo long to get there haha Anyways, thats about it for now. Thanks for giving me the opprotunity to share myself with you and everyone else! Have a nice day!

-Zero
    Last edited by ZeroAffex; 23-07-2013 at 02:42.

Welcome to the SPF, BKC! Drop by the EMB for a drink and general chat, and enjoy your stay.
    May all your drops be green, golden and orange.