Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Drop Bear

IncGamers Member

Re: The Drop Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Clervis View Post
    Frozen Armor: 20
    This gives you a nice armor boost, better than Frozen/Chilling Armor. It's nice freezing attackers, too. Defense makes this build what it is, but fill this last.
    You might want to reword this part. It's confusing. Shiver Armor has the highest defense boost, but doesn't freeze attackers.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    Haven't read the thread yet, but congratulations on the best build name ever
    Thanks. It's like it just fell out of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    Enchantresses are the only sorcs I'll play anymore. I have an enchantress going for basically the same skill distribution, but geared for Passion. She's in Nightmare somewhere, but she's been on an extended hiatus because she was borrowing equipment from one of my barbarians and he needed it back. I've always been a bit skeptical about bearsorcs because of the whole losing access to skills in wereform thing. That being said, your auradin guide was the template for the character I've played more than any of my other characters (my auradin is level 99 and has never died). So I'm sorely tempted to make the gear change and go for a drop bear.
    I never much liked casters myself, but that really isn't the Drop Bear, at all. She has the advantage of teleporting and buffing like a caster, but it pretty much ends there. If you like my Auradin, then this should be a blast. It's pretty much everything he is, magnified. The defense is incredible (a great candidate for HC). The ability to kill every pack you come across is a must for me. And the offensive capability is just obnoxiously overpowered. Give her a shot, it's not the big of a jump from a Sorc Zealer.

You might want to reword this part. It's confusing. Shiver Armor has the highest defense boost, but doesn't freeze attackers.
    Whoops. That was suppose to be Shiver Armor, which chills melee attackers.

IncGamers Member

Just added a picture of my gear to the guide. But here it is again.Gear.jpg And let's not forget boo-boo. Merc.jpg
    Last edited by Clervis; 24-07-2013 at 02:59.

IncGamers Member

Well, I'm gathering everything I'll need for this once my enchantress is high enough in level to make the gear change. I already had almost all of the optimal gear for this, although apparently not Griswold's Redemption. Still weird to think that a paladin's scepter is the best weapon for a bearsorc, but I can't think of anything to top it. I'd be tempted to go for the tri-res boots, as the thought of all the resistance charms I'd need to cap those elemental resistances in Hell is only bearly tolerable, but Gore Riders seems too valuable as a means of actually getting physical damage. That's something that's been bugging me about enchantresses: one can get a lot of fire and lightning damage easily enough (although the lightning does take an investment in runes), but physical damage is important too (for Life Tap and for dual immunes).

IncGamers Member

is only bearly tolerable
    Nice one.

IncGamers Member

Is there a benefit to 4*shael over 3*shael+ias jewel if you are attacking while being under decrepify?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    Is there a benefit to 4*shael over 3*shael+ias jewel if you are attacking while being under decrepify?
    Yes, actually. While decrepified, 3xsheal/IAS jewel will give you a 8 frame attack, while a 4xshael approach will give you a 7 frame attack. Good to know if you're Baal running.

Cite: Attack Speed Calculator
    Last edited by Clervis; 16-08-2013 at 13:48.

Yes, actually. While decrepified, 3xsheal/IAS jewel will give you a 8 frame attack, while a 4xshael approach will give you a 7 frame attack. Good to know if you're Baal running.

Cite: Attack Speed Calculator
    But you still miss the possible resists from a socketed phaseblade :P

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zrk View Post
    But you still miss the possible resists from a socketed phaseblade :P
    True. You can get up to 75 resist all from a jeweled phaseblade, which is great. But, I prefer the Grizzy's Cadillac still, because it will give you almost 5 times more physical damage, which means 5 times more leech and 5 times the killing speed against dual immunes. As you can see, I just rely on my inventory to supply the much needed resist.

On the other hand, resists from the PB could free up inventory slots for max damage charms. The 75 resists equates to 15 Shimmering Small Charms (+5%), although, I use 11 slots between charms. But, theoretically, in place of these 15 sc's you could have 5 Sharp Grand Charms, which would be up to +50 max damage (and up to 380 AR), or 25 more average damage. This almost doubles the physical damage from the original PB (33 average), but that's still less than half of the cadillac.

True. You can get up to 75 resist all from a jeweled phaseblade, which is great. But, I prefer the Grizzy's Cadillac still, because it will give you almost 5 times more physical damage, which means 5 times more leech and 5 times the killing speed against dual immunes. As you can see, I just rely on my inventory to supply the much needed resist.

On the other hand, resists from the PB could free up inventory slots for max damage charms. The 75 resists equates to 15 Shimmering Small Charms (+5%), although, I use 11 slots between charms. But, theoretically, in place of these 15 sc's you could have 5 Sharp Grand Charms, which would be up to +50 max damage (and up to 380 AR), or 25 more average damage. This almost doubles the physical damage from the original PB (33 average), but that's still less than half of the cadillac.
    Haha, cadillac, lol