Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Thread: upgrade advise

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Bladesofwar-1237

upgrade advise

Hey guys,

I know I have a lot of room for improvement and I was wondering if you could just take a look at my barb and let me know what improvements I need to make. I am currently farming in MP6 but am able to pull off MP8 it just takes a lot of work.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/24683352

Thanks!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

Re: upgrade advise

You need a better off-hand. The high-DPS of your off-hand is not calculated in the DPS of your tornados for your ww/nado build. So it is very inefficient for your build.

To best utilize your off-hand weapon, look for a weapon with fast attack speed, life steal, critical damage, open socket. Then look for high Str/Vit to complement those stats. Daggers with IAS are very popular.

If you get life steal in your off-hand you can swap our Bloodthirst for another passive.

IncGamers Member

Don't have any specific upgrade advise for you since there is room to improve on everything but my Barb is quite similar to yours with a few exceptions that you might find interesting, I farm MP8 comfortably (meaning I pretty much fall asleep farming MP8 but every once in awhile I run into a strong champ pack that wakes me up) and I can do MP10 fine, it's just too slow to be worthwhile.

My barb is 150k DPS on the character sheet but being a Volcano WW build I get +25% more damage from the Maximus that isn't calculated, I mention this because one thing to consider is that if you use Volcano WW, you could get a Burning Axe of Sankis for your offhand and get a flat bonus applied to your WW damage, it's not end-game uber but it's definitely a cheap way to push a few more points of damage out while you farm up the coin for the really good stuff, you won't hit the same IAS breakpoints for tornado so you might lose a tornado tick by not using an IAS offhand but you're not really pushing your tornado ticks with IAS anyways.

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

If you are on a budget, then i think you should wait buying better off-hands. Craft items like shoulders, bracers, gloves maybe even a new amulet and upgrade your gems, because youŽll always have them with you. The rest will come eventually as you progress. Good luck.

Diablo: IncGamers Member mortuus's Avatar

buy a cheap skorn since it comes with nice crit damage boost and some AS gear otherwise its pointless to have that build. And crafting if u ask me sucks, takes way to much time before u even get what u want, there are tons of items to buy instead not waste of on something u might never get..