Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1500 LK Runes Results (RUNES, not runs)

Yeah, its very painfull to see people complaining about such finds in JUST 300runs...Try lower version of D2 and You will find, that sometimes even 3000 was not enough for this

Edit: Btw, last time in LK (version 1.11) i've found ONLY one IST in 2k runs, other highest rune was PUL

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Yeah, its very painfull to see people complaining about such finds in JUST 300runs...Try lower version of D2 and You will find, that sometimes even 3000 was not enough for this

Edit: Btw, last time in LK (version 1.11) i've found ONLY one IST in 2k runs, other highest rune was PUL
    10runs after i posted my ĘcomplainĘ i found vex

i know drops chances from lk but i have mfed these chest in bnet at ladder starts with better results

IncGamers Member

@ juju - I agree that those are some nice drops in 300 runs, well done.

A Vex and a Sur are not bad for that amount of work.

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699

Quote Originally Posted by dhaos View Post
    Hi red dragon contragulations . I have a question what %magic find do you used?
    I am curious, I thought and read somewhere that MF did not apply to rune drops?? Is this not true anymore? Does it maybe increase the amount of items that drop thus increasing the drop % chance? Haha.. I was 99% that MF didn't apply to rune drops, but maybe I am wrong!

Good job Reddragon, pretty impressive getting those runes no doubt. Your playing on 1.13 right? I figured with you using the Fishmancer build, you must be. Either way, good job and interesting read! What are your plans to do next? Maybe do some time-traveling to 1.09 and try to do some rune finding? Haha jk! Thanks for the read. Take care bud!

-Zerooo

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAffex View Post
    I am curious, I thought and read somewhere that MF did not apply to rune drops?? Is this not true anymore? Does it maybe increase the amount of items that drop thus increasing the drop % chance? Haha.. I was 99% that MF didn't apply to rune drops, but maybe I am wrong!

Good job Reddragon, pretty impressive getting those runes no doubt. Your playing on 1.13 right? I figured with you using the Fishmancer build, you must be. Either way, good job and interesting read! What are your plans to do next? Maybe do some time-traveling to 1.09 and try to do some rune finding? Haha jk! Thanks for the read. Take care bud!

-Zerooo
    Magic Find increases only the chance that a given item has to roll magic/rare/set/unique. It does not affect rune drops, what items are dropped nor the number of items dropped. Therefore, magic find when runehunting shouldn't be a big concern. That being said, especially in trav a portion of MF can be very nice if you'd like some useful uniques/jewelry/etc. on the side of your runes

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    Magic Find increases only the chance that a given item has to roll magic/rare/set/unique. It does not affect rune drops, what items are dropped nor the number of items dropped. Therefore, magic find when runehunting shouldn't be a big concern. That being said, especially in trav a portion of MF can be very nice if you'd like some useful uniques/jewelry/etc. on the side of your runes
    It also has no effect on the items dropped from the LK chests. Other objects I am unsure of but those chests can only drop magic (95%) or rare (5%) items I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    It also has no effect on the items dropped from the LK chests. Other objects I am unsure of but those chests can only drop magic (95%) or rare (5%) items I believe.
    You sure? I dunno about whether or not MF affects them, but I'm almost certain I've seen uniques drop from them.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    You sure? I dunno about whether or not MF affects them, but I'm almost certain I've seen uniques drop from them.
    Pretty sure you're thinking of a different object

You'll either get all blues or all yellows (aside from things that can't be yellow) iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Pretty sure you're thinking of a different object

You'll either get all blues or all yellows (aside from things that can't be yellow) iirc.
    Somebody who knows stuff, come help please. I don't trust phar

Almost certain I saw the same "all unique" drop.. But ofc, however unlikely it may be, I could be wrong..

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699

Hey Pharphis and FredOfErik,

You guys are stalking me? ahaha! Just playing. Thanks for the good information, though now Pharphis has got my wheels really turning! So Lower Kurast chest are the only ones that behave this way? I am glad to know my understanding for runes was pretty much what you said FredOfErik, but thanks anyways for the response! Anyways, I am curious now what all is affected by MF and what is not, thanks Pharphis! haha!

-Zero