Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

1500 LK Runes Results (RUNES, not runs)

Background Info

Started this project about 8 months back, had a sabattical for a a few months and finally finished recently.

The idea at first was just to run a couple of hundred times and hopefully collect a few highish runes.

I recordered my finds in 100 rune lots, then cubed them and started the next 100. I took on average 268 runs to get 100 runes.

Run times are around 45-90 seconds depending on how much junk comes with the SC's,

I also picked up all jewels, gems of all sizes, small and grand charms, certain rares, and probably 50 S/U.

All were done with a 91 Fishy Necro with an amulet with tele charges, 67% FRW and a Harmony bow.

I used a single map shown below.

I hit 4 bodies, 1 log, 1 skeleton, and one stash every run, and up to 16 in total besides the Superchests.

All runs were done on p/8

Map Info

Linear route, with S&E in LK at the end.

FRW 67% and Harmony on switch for run to the WP. (Never figured out if FRW combines with Harmony / Vigor to improve speed...)

Red is the route run.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

X i

Usually my first stop, the 2 bodies are stable, I also cast Clay Golem after rounding the turn off the WP platform. He just acts as a monster distraction.
    Interestingly the tipped over body, (I run this just for a screeny, and out of habit hit him, just can't stop.) resulted in my best drop, more on that later.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/ila2.jpg/

X ii

Second stop, Skeleton, log and chest are stable.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/odht.jpg/

X iii

Third non SC stop, Body is stable the rest are random. This is mirrored in the same place around the second fire.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/8xzs.jpg/

TP is where I use an ammy charge to port over the wall of the SC hut to right outside the next SC hut.

Items

I didn't keep an accurate track of items, this was mainly about the runes.

I do know I found a large amount of Skillers, including 6 Captain's, a Harpoonists of Sustanance +22, and 9 x 7% MF sc's

Over 500 Jewels, all bar around 20 of which went into my crafting supplies stash.

On average I could cube 74 Pgems per 100 runes found.

1 Grailer was found.

Nature's Peace
    Ring
    Required Level: 69
    Fingerprint: 0x58e5bef9
    Item Level: 80
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
    Poison Resist +25%
    Damage Reduced by 11
    Level 5 Oak Sage (18/27 Charges)

3 Sigon's Belts were the most numerous S/U.

Runes

Now for the meat of the matter.

All runes were picked up, from El up.

All runes were cubed from Pul down

All runes Ist and up are as they were found.

I did cube Um's and Mal's that I had cubed up from lower runes into Ist's.

I started a new stash with no runes in it, this was a project in and of itself.

Sometimes I had a total of 101+ runes, this happened when, for example, I had 98 runes and found 3 on a run, or had my 100 and wanted one more "for luck"

Code:
    Run        1    2    3    4    5    6    7          8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15        Total

El         2    4    4    1              3    El    2    1    2           5     4     1     4     El     33
    Eld        4    3    1    1              2    ELD   2    1    2     1           3     2           Eth    22
    TIr        4    3    8    5    4    2    4    Tir   9    9    5     11    5     4     7     4     Tir    84
    Nef        6    5    3    2    2    3    2    Nef   4    5    4     7     3     2     5     3     Nef    56
    Eth        7    8    10   9    8    6    12   Eth   7    7    6     4     6     7     9     7     Eth    113
    Ith        4    7    7    7    6    5    8    Ith   6    7    5     9     3     5     7     8     Ith    94
    Tal        7    12   12   14   13   14   8    Tal   8    15   12    7     8     13    14    14    Tal    171
    Ral        4    9    5    7    8    6    4    Ral   4    5    8     9     8     9     5     8     Ral    99
    Ort        15   11   12   14   8    13   9    Ort   12   8    8     12    14    13    12    16    Ort    177
    Thul       8    8    5    10   12   11   8    Thul  10   9    11    12    5     9     11    12    Thul   141
    Amn        16   10   12   7    9    7    14   Amn   7    9    11    7     9     11    9     6     Amn    144
    Sol        5    5    3    5    13   5    10   Sol   8    5    3     3     9     5     2     7     Sol    88
    Shael      5    3    6    4    11   9         Shael 5    7    7     5     5     5     3     4     Shael  79
    Dol        5    5    6    3         5    1    Dol   4    1    1     3     4           2     1     Dol    41
    Hel        1    4    1    3         8    1    Hel   2    4    3     2     6     1     1           Hel    37    

Io         3    2    3    1    4    3    7    Io    4    3    5     3     2     3     1     2     Io     46
    Lum        2    2         3    1    2    1    Lum   2    1    3     1     3     1     2     1     Lum    25
    Ko         1              2              4    Ko    1    1                2           2           Ko     13
    Fal                       1              1    Fal   1         1     1                 1           Fal    6
    Lem                  1                   1    Lem   2    1    1     2     1           1           Lem    10
    Pul        1                        1         Pul                   2           1                 Pul    5

Um                   1    1                   Um         1    1                                   Um     4    
    Mal                            1              Mal             1     1     1           1      1    Mal    6

Ist             1                             Ist                                                 Ist    1

Gul                                           Gul                         1           1           Gul    2

Vex                  1                        Vex                               1                 Vex    2

Ohm                                           Ohm                         1     1                 Ohm    2

Lo                                            Lo                                                  Lo

Sur                                       1   Sur                               1     2      1    Sur    5

Ber                                           Ber                               1                 Ber    1

Jah                                           Jah                                                 Jah

So there they are.

Many firsts for me during this project. Before this my only Pat, the Necro I used, had found my highest rune which was a Gul from the hellforge. So when on the first hundred only a Pul dropped, I was wondering if this was going to be worth it or not. Then my first Ist on the second set dropped and I was hooked!

By the time set 12 finished with some nice drops, I was almost burnt out with LK, but the Gul and my first Ohm revitalised me.

Then set 13 happened.

Came home from work, fired up and took off, 10 runs into my session, I rounded the corner off the WP, threw Gumby up, hit the first body and BER! Screenshot! Screenshot! Pick it up, check backpack, start giggling slightly hysterically, check backpack, yes, its still there, finish run, check backpack, Esc, S&.. no, check backpack once more, yes still there, S&E, slump in chair,

That was the beginning of an amazing 10 day period that resulted in 2 Ohms, Vex, Ber, 2 Guls, and 2 Surs.

After the Ohm on day 2 all I could think of at work was getting to LK and seeing if my luck was still holding (superstitious much? lol).

Anyway, cubed and coalated, here's what my 1500 LK stash looks like now.

Code:
                Found    Cubed
    El     2
    Eld
    Tir
    Nef    2
    Eth
    Ith    2
    Tal    2
    Ral    2
    Thul   2
    Amn    2
    Sol    2    
    Shael  2
    Dol
    Hel

Io 
    Lum    2
    Ko
    Fal    1
    Lem    2
    Pul    6    5    1

Um     4    4
    Mal    3    6
    Ist    3    1    2
    Gul    2    2
    Vex    2    2
    Ohm    2    2
    Lo
    Sur    5    5
    Ber    1    1
    So with picking up all the runes I found, I managed to cube an extra Pul and 2 Ists, to me that's worth it, tho I know not everyone feels the same, and my run times are nowhere near as fast as some.

Screenshots:

Ist Gul Gul Vex Vex Ohm Ohm Sur Sur Sur Sur Sur BER!

It's interesting to observe how many of the HR's came not from the SC's, but rather random stashes and that one stable body.

My theory became, "As you pop more and more containers, the odds have to be getting better all the time."

Although I know it is all about random chance, this became my mantra to help with my persistance.

Haul Pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyway, thats my 1500 runes from LK.

Inspired by the 17K and 10K LK threads in the stickies, respectively Skinnyy and Megalomania. Also the Lower Kurast (LK) FAQ by MuddyWaters.

Currently Cow Exploding looking for some nice bases, specifically an Eth Archon Plate.

Not an AP ...But not complaining

Will I ever return to LK? Probably, yes. (3 1/2 Ber's? Heck yes!) To me it seems worth the effort, and having smaller goals, in this case getting 100 runes as part of a larger picture helped a lot, and it was fun at times, mostly when HR's dropped, but the anticipation was good as well.

Anyway, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.

ReDragon

Re: 1500 LK Runes Results (RUNES, not runs)

Seriously awesome write-up. What player settings did you use? I didn't see it in there.

IncGamers Member

Gratz.. Sounds like you had a fun time.
    I never did manage to get into LK running myself. Much too boring.

IncGamers Member

Nice thread, good work. I like your results and I think you inspired me to turn LK runs into something other than just a little break from AT.

IncGamers Member

@ NorthDakota - Ty and Players 8 setting throughout.

@ zaphodbrx - Ty, I did have fun, even with just running when I wasn't getting much, just kept giving myself little goals, for eg - find enough gems to cube up 10 Pgems before finishing tonight.

As a side note there, it was awesome when having kinda forgotten about runes, and looking for gems, that's when a nice rune would drop.

@ Unfadable - Ty, and if you do come join me at LK, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by redragon View Post
    It's interesting to observe how many of the HR's came not from the SC's, but rather random stashes and that one stable body.
    Yep, 2 out of my 3 Bers came from random bodies rather than the SC's. But I would still run only the SC's unless I'm not bored and feel like popping a lot of stuff up, the runs are much faster, at least for a teleporting char.

IncGamers Member

Hi red dragon contragulations . I have a question what %magic find do you used?

IncGamers Member

@ srrw - Yes, they would be faster, as I mentioned up to 90 seconds for my runs isn't very fast, but I'm still looking for all kinds of stuff, Charms, Jewels etc, and I also wanted gems, so I was happy to take the time.

Also I have this nagging feeling that if I miss a poppable, it'll be the one which might, just might throw out something nice.

@ dhaos - 0% MF, was more geared for FRW / FHR and resists, and I believe MF doesn't help with containers anyway.

i have made ~300runs now with my hc pala (lvl 88) with basic noob items

and found only sur lem and mal

but now i'm going to run it some more -->

Actually, that's not bad for 300 runs.