Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Grisu-2156

Re: Convince this long time BNET player to go SP

Also, you can play different versions of the game if you want some change of pace and/or the chance for superb gear: 1.07 comes to mind with mind blowing charms and jewels as well as the famous Shako and Arkaine's Valor...or 40% IAS Bows etc. etc. Also, 1.10 BKWB with +2 to all skills, 1.10 CtA with +bazillion to BO...there's really a lot to explore!

Anyways, welcome to the SPF and hope you stay here!

Thanks for the input so far guys much appreciated! playing older versions of this game is really a nice to have yes i started playing in 1.07 and stopped for a while back then... (returning in 1.09) always wondering what happened to those charms (until i started reading up on a lot of sites how that worked).

Reliving those moments can be a blast....

I am not sure for now i might go SP and Bnet together (mainly because my projects on bnet are not finished yet) on the other hand going SP will mean that i have all the time i need for different projects...

I agree with most of what's mentioned before. A major argument (for me) i've missed is: playing at your own pace Which can be fast or slow depending on mood/char/etc. Or if you are into MP-ing: playing together. Whereas on Bnet it usually was: you tele. No you tele. Etc. And in the end nobody does anything.

And some things that have been briefly mentioned, but should get more attention: hunting for (perfect) grail, major hoarding possibilities.

This sounds like a wet dream: "major hoarding possibilities."

I am a hoarder.... a big one

Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    This sounds like a wet dream: "major hoarding possibilities."

I am a hoarder.... a big one
    You will love gomule. Currently my stash holds ~4.5k items, and I'm not even that much of a hoarder (considering SPF standards).

for me /players setting is a huge thing. also the abilty to do some totally outrageous builds/projects - NightFish's Sept Sept and SuperDave come to mind. you could end up spending all your time reading up on what others have done and not playing!!!!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

Not having ubers is a big deal. If you can get over that, sp is much more satisfying. Plus, that 6 month break for d3 / civ v / dota and 1.5 years later, you have all your stuff exactly the same as you left it!

IncGamers Member

Community and playing at your own pace for me. I was a diehard bnet player back in the day, but playing HC SP and doing full clears at my own pace is so fun and rewarding. I love going through and breaking every single urn, killing every mob and discovering the whole map. Surprisingly a good 95% of my best finds are from things like urns or mobs that I would skip blazing through on bnet to do MF runs. I say give it a shot man, you might like it.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Quote Originally Posted by naranjadita View Post
    Well, noone in SPF will mention any occasions of having intercourse and/or any other sex related activities wit you, your mother, other relatives and your pet hamster.
    That's not entirely accurate. But they will be joking.

Happy hoarding. 20k items was my tops.

The knowledge base here was my draw. There's just so much known about so many aspects of the game. Plus no matter how 'odd' your plan, it's very rare someone here will say "well that's dumb, you should do ...".

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

But they will be joking.
    It would be an epic family reunion if one runs into a b-net guy who's actually serious about that.