Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Re: Forum Mafia - The Dark Tower Game Thread

The starting point needed to be mostly from the original works to set up the game. From here out the stories all are based upon small quotes from the books with mostly my own writing for anticipated outcomes. I may occasionally have to post a story later than intended if something unexpected happens. Knowing you folks... something unexpected will happen.
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

I think one of the keywords is "Task". He said that a task is hidden in there. I'm thinking that it might have to do with going into the actual books and finding something. What it could be? I have no clue.
    Then I just won't b​other!

Vote: Drixx

For hurting my brain.

Can you clarify what task even means? Is it a group task for everyone, or is it like a PM type thing? I'm confused.

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post

Twilight phase has begun. It will last a little over 26 hours and end tomorrow at 5:00 PM Eastern. Hidden within the introductory text above is a task for you all to complete. Find it and complete it an earn a bonus to be revealed. Good luck, and have fun.
    I took this as "for us all to complete", so as a group. If we figure it out collectively, we get the 'prize', so to speak.
    Then I just won't b​other!

I hope this is a task one can complete without having read the books. I haven't read them. Gave up after about 50 pages or so of book 1. Stephen King is just not for me. Don't think I have ever completed a book he wrote. I've read the wiki recap though, but that sounded rather weird. Guess I have to read it again.

I'd like to know if the task can be solved by just the story here or if you need to know the lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Wow, that seems to have worked, you're amazing!

Oh, I didn't realize anything was bolded because this stupid app doesn't show bolding and it's a piece of crap.

Vote: Walter
    Vote: The Man in Black

Quote Originally Posted by Moar View Post
    I hope this is a task one can complete without having read the books. I haven't read them. Gave up after about 50 pages or so of book 1. Stephen King is just not for me. Don't think I have ever completed a book he wrote. I've read the wiki recap though, but that sounded rather weird. Guess I have to read it again.

I'd like to know if the task can be solved by just the story here or if you need to know the lore.
    The Gunslinger is kind of hard to read, imo. It's the weakest of the books as far as his writing goes (it was one of his earliest works). The series really finds itself in the 2nd book, imo. It's worth persevering at least through the 2nd book if you have them available.

Reading or searching the books is not necessary for any advantage or part of the game, although folks more familiar with the story may derive more enjoyment out of the mechanics, characters and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize anything was bolded because this stupid app doesn't show bolding and it's a piece of crap.

Vote: Walter
    Vote: The Man in Black
    The bolded statements are bolded for story purposes and have nothing to do with the task. The task is a hidden riddle in a portion of the text I wrote myself. I really ought not to give even this much of a hint but I honestly thought someone would figure it out and have it solved already.
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    "Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower. And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room? ... "You dare not."
    Don't tell me what I do or do not dare to do!

Climb: To the top

(This post is not a roleclaim)

Pretty sure CG just claimed dark tower

Thanks Drixx. I forwarded the text to my work email, so I can reread it and think about it. Wouldn't have done that if there was no chance of discovering it for me. I expect one of the smarter minds here to have solved it before I get up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Wow, that seems to have worked, you're amazing!