Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 139 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1784

Re: Forum Mafia - The Dark Tower Game Thread

The town was suspicious of Walter, so to them it was a good thing he had been the one to suggest that they kill the child. He had dazzled them with referance to something called Okham's Razer, whatever that might be, and it was true that many in the Callas had claimed to see the child take on a much more sinister form. And it was true that a child speaking and growing so quickly was queer, but there was much queer in mid-world as reality grew thin and the world moved on.

The man in black humored the folks. He didn't know for sure whether this child was the one he sought, but one look at the strange birthmark on his leg confirmed it. Walter turned his back upon the child, putting on his most winning smile and faced the crowd to make his grand speech about ending evil. His words died on the air as the crowd gasped and surged back away from him. Turning quickly, he caught the very last bit of the boy transforming into a large black and red spider, hideous to look upon.

The boy-spider reached out with its power to compel him to obey, that it would be easy and painless to give himself up to the boy and feed his endless hunger. It cost Walter Padick a great measure of his protection to resist that compulsion, but he was able to resist and as the Spider scrambled in confusion that its prey didn't simply stand there assisting in its own demise, Walter Padick reached in and snatched away the marked leg he knew he would need, before fleeing through the crowd, who would follow if they had any good sense.

For the tower would open only to the line of Eld, and while Walter Padick was many things, born to that line he was not. He would need the leg when he ascended to the room at the top of the tower to take command of existence. There was an extra spring in his step and something a little too real about the normally false smile on his face as he made his way through town.

The boy-spider had been weakened ... but so had Walter.

Nobody has died. Caluin Graye has been weakened.
    Last edited by Drixx; 08-08-2013 at 19:44.

I must beg the game's indulgence. A couple of you know of my personal situation. Today was a treatment day and I am quite unwell. I will attempt to get the day started today but the way I feel right now it may be a good 6-12 hours late. I apologize for the delay.

I've had a rough 18 hours. I am going to just resume the game at the normal time later todoay (about 14 hours from now).

I wanted to take a moment and thank many of you who have given great feedback as I've been a first time mod going for a pretty complicated and different game. Thank you for being patient with me and I promise I'm taking your feedback and it will help my 2nd game be a lot better.

I will say one thing though, which I've been thinking about. I think that this particular game I didn't give nearly enough information up front, and as a result I've been considerably more hands on as a mod than our forum meta generally tolerates. Some of it has been unintentional, and some of it has been intentional. I will simply defer to the source material's author as my defense for occasionally stepping into the story and interacting with the players.

Thanks everyone for bearing with me on the lost day. Given the extension if anyone wants to change their night actions please do so by 1 hour before the adjusted day start time. Thank you for those who are aware of my circumstances and sent messages concerning it.
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

Moses Carver had felt the odd sensation all day that someone might be watching him ... waiting, even. He hadn't entirely given up on watching out for the men who worked for Sombra or North Centra Positronics, but they had been much less apt to bother with him since he had given over control of the Tet corporation to his sweet Marian. She had done admirably with it, too, he thought with a laugh. Should have retired a decade sooner and let her run those worthless enemies into the ground. Mose, as his friends called him, coughed out a harsh laugh at the thought.

He turned out the lights in the office he still kept in his dark tower ... the one his Tet corporation had built up around the Rose. Marian thought the leader ought to lead from the top, but Moses Carver had preferred to keep his office on the ground floor, as close to the lobby, and to the Rose, as possible. He still whiled away his time there, even as he approached 100 if you can imagine that.

He hardly felt the assissin's knife as it slid quietly into his back. His first thought was that some agent from Sombra or North Central Positronics must finally have breached his stronghold, but then he saw the head of a weasel on the body of a man and knew that the Crimson King had sent the Taheen for him. Just as well, thought Moses, for life grew weary and tiresome within him, and he longed to be free of his aging body and on to whatever great adventure might come next. After all, life had brought him an incredible adventure just at the time when most men would be retiring to the lazy-boy and perhaps a round of golf once in awhile. Death must really be a doozie.

He couldn't know it, but the Rose was blocking the pain and the fear of death, buying Moses Carver a few minutes of peace at the end in exchange for the years of diligent protection he had given for it. A man who protects all of existence ought not go unrewarded, do ye ken?

When they found him the next morning, he was propped up against the edge of the monument built up around the Rose, a smile still carved into his ancient features. The last of the ka-tet of the Rose had passed beyond life's secret veil and as sudden and violent as the end had been, Moses Carver had gone on to his reward.

With his last breath, the people living on the fringes far from midworld had on a moment to panic as the beam beneath them gave way with a sigh, and their part of the world fell without its support. The tremors would be the first clue that time was running out... say sorry.

Coju has died. He was Moses Carver. The White

There has been a beamquake. As a result, the inhabitants of mid world are filled with fear at what this might portend. Lynching and locking non-white members now takes an extra vote. Additionally, people speak only in hushed whispers. No post may exceed 25 words.

There are 12 players left. It takes 6 to lynch and 7 to lock, before the effects of the beamquake
    Last edited by Drixx; 08-08-2013 at 20:04.

Well, S. King sent us a letter saying the town will lose if Gwaihir is not killed before the mafia. Go figure.

Vote: Gwaihir

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

I agree.

I had a dream about Martin Luther King.

I recommend a draw. All for a draw say "ay caramba!"

The Skeleton King has a notoriously crappy loot drop. So I'm not sure a letter from him is a trusted source.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Well, S. King sent us a letter saying the town will lose if Gwaihir is not killed before the mafia. Go figure.

What? A neutral lied to the town?

I don't believe it!