Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: items with value but trading is soooo slow lately

I might be in the minority here but having played both before bots way back around launch and over the past3 or 4 years with the bots I have to say I rather like the advent of botting. I think diablo 2 would die completely without bots at this point.

What I really love about the game is not the gear grind its making all kinds of different toons, trying out new builds and gear combos and that is a lot easier now then it was before botting.

I do miss the trading scene though, used to be a lot of fun back when low-midlevel items still have value to people. I also miss the dueling, now every duel game is full of people with maxed out gear and or duel bots.

Overall though I think bots are kind of holding this game together, yes they can be annoying but im not sure id want to play if they dissapeared completely.

Quote Originally Posted by DHK View Post
    What I really love about the game is not the gear grind its making all kinds of different toons, trying out new builds and gear combos and that is a lot easier now then it was before botting.
    That alone will kill the game. Personally, Ive done all but 3-4 builds now. Thats a total of 40-50 different builds overall.

IncGamers Member

Well I only play ladder so my toons get deleted once a year Then I recreate them, but I dont play religously like some people do, I play from ladder reset until I get bored then wait until the next reset. Within a year I dont think I have ever been able to make every kind of toon I wanted to.

IDK I can see it both ways, but I do think the game as a whole would lose a lost of players if Bnet was as aggressive about bots today as they were 10 years ago.