Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: need pvm barb advice (ww polearm)

Very good points there!

However, using enigma gives you 45%frw, and is imo very frustrating.
    I agree with keeping a lower frw, with only boots as your frw source, dump "increased speed"!!

A note, even though mobility is highly underrated, fortitude will give you 300ed. If you go high dex/life then forti will give you alot of dmg. Do try out eni/forti in sp, since theres a huge difference using them. Both dmg wise, and definitely a huge difference in playstyle!!

Also note that the "weapon masteries" critical strike doesnt stack with the griefs critical strike.
    If you have alot of crit, 20grief/15guill/15gores/34*Highlords = 84 crit

*At lvl 90

With highlords + torch + anni, youll have a mastery of lvl 25. Then youll have 22crit from mastery.

It calculates like this.
    (chance to crit% = %CriticalStrike + (1-%CS/100)*%2ndCritValue)
    Crit lands on just over 100%.

That means that youll cap your crit chance with that setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    A note, even though mobility is highly underrated, fortitude will give you 300ed. If you go high dex/life then forti will give you alot of dmg.
    Although the extra damage from high STR is not multiplied by the %ED on Fortitude. A dedicated titan barb imo requires an inventory loaded with sharp charms of vita (since charms add to weapon damage).

Dying in battle.net is expensive, as you can lose half a million in gold from your stash (unlike in single player).

Also note that the "weapon masteries" critical strike doesnt stack with the griefs critical strike.

*At lvl 90

With highlords + torch + anni, youll have a mastery of lvl 25. Then youll have 22crit from mastery.

It calculates like this.

Taking Battle Orders into account, weapon mastery will be level 26 (or 28 with nigma, makes no difference), which in 1.13 gives 31% crit.

31+(1-31/100)x85 = 89.65 = ~90%

Quote Originally Posted by wixxkruppel View Post
    Although the extra damage from high STR is not multiplied by the %ED on Fortitude.
    I dont understand what you mean there.

A dedicated titan barb imo requires an inventory loaded with sharp charms of vita (since charms add to weapon damage).
    Yes, but thats the same with your build.

Taking Battle Orders into account, weapon mastery will be level 26 (or 28 with nigma, makes no difference), which in 1.13 gives 31% crit.

31+(1-31/100)x85 = 89.65 = ~90%
    I dont know what I did there!

I dont understand what you mean there.
    I actually misread you. When you said dex/life I somehow read it as dex/str.

Yes, but thats the same with your build.
    IIRC if you go with nigma you need 2x shimmering grand charms. You can even use them plain with no suffix. Since you only need two (and without suffix), you have a realistic chance of farming them yourself (or rolling with pgems).

Sharp small/grand charms of vita on the other hand are pretty expensive (if you want high life).

Wixx, there is another belt choice though, arach-. and if you are doing something like cs runs that requqire a lot of teleing without switches then it is easily the best choice.. And same reasoning for fcr rings. search youtube for "perfect ww barb" i did a series of videos on this where i documented what the perfect gear would be.

Very good points there!

However, using enigma gives you 45%frw, and is imo very frustrating.
    I agree with keeping a lower frw, with only boots as your frw source, dump "increased speed"!!

A note, even though mobility is highly underrated, fortitude will give you 300ed. If you go high dex/life then forti will give you alot of dmg. Do try out eni/forti in sp, since theres a huge difference using them. Both dmg wise, and definitely a huge difference in playstyle!!

*At lvl 90

It calculates like this.

Remembr when barbar's weapon mastery ED used to multiply all other ED the barb had.. that used to be the day lol.. And CS and DS had a similar quadruple damage oddity a few versions ago didnt they

Quote Originally Posted by zrk View Post
    Remembr when barbar's weapon mastery ED used to multiply all other ED the barb had.. that used to be the day lol.. And CS and DS had a similar quadruple damage oddity a few versions ago didnt they
    I had actually no idea about that!

I did my first barb just a couple of ladders ago. It was all Sorc/Pala for me back in the day.

Nice inputs! Ill try some different setups on my soon-to-be-finished barb!