Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Welcome to the Billionaire Club

My stay in the B club didn't last long, though I didn't get carried away and I've still got 700m or so. I dropped 85m on some Lacunis, 90m on a weapon that's only slightly better dps than my old self-found Fist, but has 7k hps as well, bought 2 radiant star rubies (43m each, +20m for the craft to make a Marquise), and spent about 50m on crafting mats and crafts (none of which yielded an upgrade for my Nun, but did get me some very nice Vit amulets and Vit gloves for some future an INT or STR char).

I hadn't shopped upgrades in months, and was surprised to see how hard it was to make any real upgrades (other than the marquise ruby and a few other gem upgrades, which made instant 10k dps and 1k hps improvements) For 100-200m I could add 1000 hps or dps on almost every slot, but those didn't seem worth it for the price. To really boost anything on my Monk I'd have needed to spend 1-2b per item. That seems crazy, as all my current gear is 20-60m per slot, but as others have pointed out, the improvements become very gradual and extremely expensive once you get past about 50m per slot. You're looking at 2b for trifecta Nat's rings and such, if you want to make a big improvement with a single item.

I did enjoy some of the much lower leg prices. My spare boots for Ubers or high MP games were Ice Climbers with about 180 dex, 50 vit, and 45 arcane in my stash. Those cost me 60m a couple of months ago, and today I spent 29m on an upgraded version with 225 dex, 80 vit, and 35 arcane. I'm trying to sell my old boots ones for 15m now, or 1/4 what I paid for them in like, April. (If you've got spare 10-50m quality gear that's not very near the highest seed on that given item, I'd recommend selling it ASAP. The value is dropping steadily if it's not 1B+ quality, and you can replace/upgrade it for a fraction what you paid in a month or 3.)
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Hi Flux

So is it the Fed that sets the rates here or what I'm not up on the current Economy?

Any relation to the the IRL rates?

Like as Asia stock market goes down IRL prices drop or what?

Does the NSA have access?

Just Teasing - Welcome to Off topic All

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

I was close to 1B, spent it all on improving my monk which was pretty kick *** and then let him die in a stupid way, and I did all this to sink some gold for the economy! ^^

Interesting point from Zappa, with a high paragon char you'll find lots of nice stuff and get/stay rich. Quickest way to richdom is banking it all on 1 char, but the catch is he can't die or you'll lose it all. Currently at 25M btw just for contrast :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Interesting point from Zappa, with a high paragon char you'll find lots of nice stuff and get/stay rich. Quickest way to richdom is banking it all on 1 char, but the catch is he can't die or you'll lose it all. Currently at 25M btw just for contrast :-)
    I can 2nd that. I was up to around 200m in the bank with my first Monk at p61 and making 10-20m a day on leg sales. When he died I had just done some pricey upgrades, but that meant I had about 1/2 of his gear from P50 in the stash, and was able to stick that right onto my new Monk. Even with that gear, plus most of the 200m bankroll spent on upgrades, I was markedly weaker as a char until P50 or so, and only with the recent windfall has my new Monk grown stronger than the old one was, 2 months ago.

It costs a lot more to rebuild and replace than you'd expect, and it's much harder today to bank up than months ago, since HC legendaries are selling for much less than back then.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

I'm in the same boat as you were, rebuilding my 2nd monk, now at P25 so getting there slowly. Yesterday I found Inna's pants (MF roll, yeah...) and I was shocked they're listed for 2-3M... I'll focus on staying alive and the Plevels and richdom will come eventually!

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

That's a really nice hypothetical question, Flux!

Personally, I have never found an item worth more than around 20-30m, and even those were considered a great find in my eyes. Guess I don't really play as seriously as I used to, in order to really gather the needed paragon levels, mf and playtime to get into that club.

When it comes to what I would do with 1B gold? Knowing myself, and knowing perfectly clear that each and every char is destined to die in the end, I would probably go on a shopping spree, and buy 1-2 really great items, instead of many minor upgrades. Then again, at the rate I am losing my chars lately (RIP my beautiful Plvl 23 DH...) I would probably need a whole set of decent gear, so I would probably go that way if this happened today.

Clan Officer - US North Diablo: IncGamers Columnist
    Hardcore
    BattleTag HCxanth-1495

I think you should invest in flawless square topazes. You could corner the market!

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Quote Originally Posted by X an th View Post
    I think you should invest in flawless square topazes. You could corner the market!
    Haha. I lost like 20 million doing that.