Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    metar
    don\'t care hardcore is a waste of time and mostly those whinners have a bad internet connection so its not blizz there fault.

Hirgie
    When the game released I tried to start straight in HC mode without trying SC. I wrote down my playing history so here are the results:

1. Death at lvl 26: Lag spike
    2. Death at lvl 46: Own fault
    3. Death at lvl 53: Disconnect in Wortham
    4. Death at lvl 56: Own fault
    5. Death at lvl 53: Disconnect at Belial (absolutely no chance...)

You see that I did not even reach lvl 60 before I stopped playing HC. I really wanted to go on but it just felt so stupid to die to disconnects. I did SC for quite a while but that felt dull in the end, so I completely stopped playing some months ago, waiting for the itemization patch / expansion.

I must admit I played via wireless connection, but bought a somewhat expensive wlan-stick that always has good signal. Maybe I will try to get a physical connection if the new itemization looks good.

Hirgie
    When the game released I tried to start straight in HC mode without trying SC. I wrote down my playing history so here are the results:

1. Death at lvl 26: Lag spike
    2. Death at lvl 46: Own fault
    3. Death at lvl 53: Disconnect in Wortham
    4. Death at lvl 56: Own fault
    5. Death at lvl 53: Disconnect at Belial (absolutely no chance...)

You see that I did not even reach lvl 60 before I stopped playing HC. I really wanted to go on but it just felt so stupid to die to disconnects. I did SC for quite a while but that felt dull in the end, so I completely stopped playing some months ago, waiting for the itemization patch / expansion.

I must admit I played via wireless connection, but bought a somewhat expensive wlan-stick that always has good signal. Maybe I will try to get a physical connection if the new itemization looks good.

BattleTag o0mpie-2478
    I have only experienced 2 hard disconnects, most hairy situations are caused by lag spikes.

I\'m perfectly able to keep my barb alive during those, but my first DemonHunter to reach 60 was hosed down by a (distant) arcane turret when a 2 sec lagspike took her out of my control the first time I tried out a higher MP (2) shortly after gearing her up.

Load lag, etc are nonexistent here, UTP connection to the cable router and SSD fix most problems. Team games fix most lag spike problems, although my DH would still be dead unless I was lucky enough to have a teamie pick up a globe in those 2 seconds.

There is 1 problem that needs to be fixed though, imho... And that is the fricking votekick. I don\'t get a notice when a kick is voted against me, I have to notice the slim yellow message I have been removed from the game. That **** is utterly retarded...

Winner
    Seriously ... people have no clue that playing on wireless is simply asking for trouble?

ANY apparatus that is actvitated in your neighbourhood within 50 meters can interrupt your wireless connection.

Wireless works within channels of the GHz being used. 3.2 GHz with channel 1 activated is simply suicide.

Get a cable connection first please.

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699
    Fact. Lost all 6 of my characters to D/C, never died to a monster/boss in HC ever. Pretty sad. Several were in Para 50+. It was werid though, I never laggout pre-Inferno, then I get to Inferno and get slammed with D/C\'s constantly.

I am running 50meg HighSpeed, best money can buy and I have a brand new super sleek Alienware computer. Haters going to hate but Ive been using Alienwares since forever and know how to work on them, ect. my computer is flawless and I get way better FPS in other online games that have 10 times more graphics. Its something on Blizzards end.

HC is how D3 is meant to be played, but the fact is.. Blizzard doesn\'t care about HC players. We spend real money and find HC players who are willing to trade SC gold for HC. In my mind since we spend real money, we should receive the same gaming experience as SC players. Oh well. Until they care about HC players, then I will care to waste my time and play their game!

-Zero

IncGamers Member
    If you mean that you spend real money on RMAH to transfer gold to HC, that can hardly be Blizzards problem :P

They really should do more to support HC with some sort of Disconnect protection however.

Reaper of Souls Beta Tester Arhaeus's Avatar
    BattleTag Arhaeus-2245
    From my observation, any live stream/emule/torrents, make you vulnerable to disconnect.
    So play in party (if something happens your friends can protect you) and close any program that uses the net line heavily.

Hirgie
    Don´t just imply that nobody has knowledge about wireless. If done right, a wireless connection can compete with a wired one. The connection also won´t get interrupted if an apparatus 50 meters away gets activated as you say. The signal of the devices within the apartment is much higher and even if a real interference like from a microwave-oven or similar things do happen, the packets sent will most likely be delayed or sent again. This may lead to a little lag spike, but this is nothing that should kill your char.

This said, a wireless connection may be the reason of problems but it is far away from being \"suicide\". Of course it is worth a try if a physical connection does solve my disconnect problems, which is why I want to try it out someday, but it is more likely on the ISP side.

True Hirgie, however most people have some rather sucky wireless router that they got from their ISP or bought for cheap somewhere. Those tend to reboot now and then and very often have problems with dropped connections if the load increases. However the same sucky router usually works a LOT better if you use one of the ethernet ports instead.