Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BattleTag KornKills-1468
    I wouldn\'t care i the dc was actually 10 seconds, but it is not.

I\'ve lost 400+ hours played to disconnects.

Hacking Forum
    Hi all, just turned into mindful of your website via Bing, determined that it is seriously helpful. Let me be aware intended for the city. I will get pleasure from should you carry on this from now on. Lots of people is often taken advantage of your composing. Many thanks!

Luke
    Lost several par 7/10 character to my own fault mostly for playing while very tired. Every\'time I came back even more motivated.

Then I got disconnected and find my Hero Death on relog... and I just coudnt handle it. Felt like all my effort and, most of all, the time i put in this mode was a completle waste. Not coming back on HC till Blizzard finds a way to overcome this problem.

BattleTag FleshNBlood-6108
    I\'ve lost 7 lvl60\'s now.
    I think 3 were monster killed. 2 were pc crashes and 2 were disconnection\'s.
    But i\'ve also been lucky and been disconnected or crashed about 10 times when i was in town or a safe area.

IncGamers Site Pal
    So far so good, all my lag has been while the people I\'m playing with aren\'t lagging and kill the stuff and keep me alive.

So far disconnects have been when I\'m safe.

But I really haven\'t played all that much and there HAVE been a few disconnects. I\'ve just happened to be safe when they happen. I would say the amount of disconnects is higher than it really needs to be.

Winner
    no disconnect in 14 months of playing D3. cable connection.

but when I am on my iPad my wireless is losing connection around 3 times a day.

do not play HC on a wireless connection, it is enough your neighbour starts up something to blow up one of your channels.

good point of the article: if a DC occurs from a Blizzard server: you are safe as everything stops...

something the hate trolls forgot ...

LOL

IncGamers Member
    Never had a disconnect. I died once because my laptop ran out of power because I forgot to plug it in.

I always use a cable connection.

BattleTag Vegameister-2492
    Eventhough I have had immense problems with dissconnects throughout the year the game has been out, it\'s been 100% my own fault, as well as my ISP\'s. Everything from blue screens, to pc freezes, to the ex-girlfriend using too many appliances at once and making the electricity to disappear, to pretty much anything else you might imagine.

The solution?

As Zappa said, moving away from the wireless connection, plugging an old school ethernet cable directly into my desktop, and since then... no DC\'s whatsoever!

I\'ve ALWAYS hated and saw down upon the fact that people in D2 used to alt f4 out of dangerous situations, and hated the fact that even in our own D2 hardcore forum, it seemed like a very accepted behavior. Always felt that was cheating oneself out of the true nature of HC, and I am glad that it\'s both impossible nowdays, as well as the attitude of most of the HC community towards such methods. Go hard, or go home!

Disconnection timeout is around 35-50 seconds, I am surprised you do not mention this in the article. Please go and test for yourself and see.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/12o0we/disconnection_timeout_is_3550_secs_not_10_secs/

Unless they have changed this in 1.0.8 35-50 seconds still stands as the time it takes for your char to leave a game when you disconnect.