Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    acomplia42
    prolonge - <a href=\"http://acompliareviews.webs.com/apps/blog/show/29648487-acomplia-rimonabant-no-presecription\">buy discount acomplia</a> about acomplia weight loss drug

My ISP has the habit of doing unannouncd maintenances past midnight, so for me, it\'s playing HC not longer than 23:30 CET, and then play either SC or WoW.

acomplia43
    horsemen - <a href=\"http://acomplia.blog.com/2013/07/03/generic-acomplia-rimonabant-20-mg/\">acomplia in canada</a> about acomplia 20mg

As far as \"first game load lag\" goes: I ALWAYS load my SC WD first and play him a a minute or so before I play with my HC WD.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator
    Lost 3 characters to disconnects. The 10 second timer does not work exactly as you state. When a disconnect on your end occurs, bad ISP, power outage, game crash, whatever, the 10 second timer kicks in, then other waiting. Folks on this form have tested it. From the time of cable pulled from a router to character leaving game is more like 35-45 seconds. There is a thread about it somewhere in the HC forum.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator
    Here is a thread:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?841459-Disconnection-timeout-is-35-50-secs-are-you-all-aware-of-that-!

I have not lost a HC in D3 to lag or disconnect or realm down, though I\'ve had a few moments of VERYDONOTWANT lag bubbles, when suddenly none of the monsters are moving, and I\'m scared to run and add rubberbanding to the problem when it catches up, and I\'m thinking maybe I should leave the game, but that would only make it worse, and finally OHMYGODLOWREDBULBHITALLTHEBUTTONS etc.

Part of what makes Hardcore so exciting, eh?

BTW, back in the D2 HC days it became a running joke when people who played hella recklessly in MP games would mysteriously always have lag or disconnect to blame when they died in solo games. When you see someone nearly die half a dozen times purely from their own carelessness (usually trying to push faster/harder than their gear would permit), it\'s hard to summon up too much sympathy or understanding when they blame lag for their eventual (inevitable) death.

A disconnect while in the middle of an Arcane mob is probably death for almost any char, but 1) you could be more careful about not putting your character into such a dangerous position, and 2) higher EHP and playing on a responsible MP level will certainly add to your margin of error.

mjinspace
    For me it hasn\'t been an issue of disconnects as much as sudden lag. Quite often you don\'t even realize its happening until you are \"rubber-banded\" back somewhere or suddenly a huge burst of damage hits you after appearing to not take damage for 5 to 10 seconds.

These situations caused my death a few times in softcore and made me not play hardcore, for sure.

IncGamers Member
    Not an every day issue for me, but maybe a 2-10 times every month. Which is still way too often for hardcore.
    While I did play hardcore, for quite some time, I had two disconnects. Luckily both times the person I played with managed to kill off the enemies just before they got me. So basically pure luck.

I would love to see a system where the game paused instantly upon disconnect, then saved your game, and when you got back, it would pick up exactly where you left, with monsters and all.
    Then you wouldn\'t be able to use disconnects as an survival exploit either.

Removing the logout timer on the other hand would be a sucky solution, for the reasons mentioned by Xanth.

Btw, it doesn\'t matter if the issue is Blizzards or your ISP. Its the same damn issue anyway. This isn\'t a blame game. Blizzard should try to find a way to take disconnects out of the equation in HC, otherwise HC will always feel like a gamble.
    Which is a shame, because HC is a lot more fun than SC in Diablo 3.

Menlyn
    I haven\'t had many disconnects.
    Last weekend I had a server disconnect, however I was still connected to the chat server.. as I was whispering buddies. Monsters stop moving, spells don\'t work.. I msg my friend to tell him I\'ve lagged and I\'m going to die. 20sec later I\'m kicked out the game to a fallen hero.

Para75 monk, fighting vs a handful of white mobs on Mp4.
    As I was still connected to the chat server, I have to put this d/c on Blizzard\'s shoulders.

Secondly I have issue with \"fact\" that it only takes 10-15 seconds to be booted from the game in case of lag or d/c. There have been many posts where players have tested (with the help of a friend timing) how long it takes to be booted from the game from the time the \"cable is pulled\". Reports of anything from 20seconds to 1minute were heard. So the \"issue\" is not that you get kicked in 10seconds, it\'s that it usually takes much much longer than that. 10 seconds gives a fighting chance.