Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question One Year Later -- Let Me Get This Straight..

Flux and everyone else,

Took a long vacation from the site and game. Returned to see progress and..

Let me get this straight.. So, Diablo III sucked and still hasn't been fixed over a year later. No PVP. No REAL loot fixes. No new maps. No new content. Nothing but empty words, empty promises and a failed director that has been replaced. To top it all off we get nothing but "We are working on it and hopefully we can share something soon.. but we love to hear your feedback!" while other projects like Path of Exile and Grim Dawn get constant updates and improvements almost weekly..?

So.. we wait til Blizzcon 2013, to HOPEFULLY see an Expansion pack (2017?) that we drop another $40 for that will HOPEFULLY fix the issues of the original game? I R CONFUSED.

IncGamers Member

Re: One Year Later -- Let Me Get This Straight..

I am so curious about the expansion, its the only thing that keeps me going back to check D3 news.

Curious because I truly have no idea how they will expand or add depth to a game which core elements are so mis-designed and rotten.

Only the expansion or a re-launch (like FF:Realm Reborn) can do anything with this, there is no miracle patch that is going to remake the whole game. Itemzation or character customization, 2 features which are broken and are also the cornerstones of any ARPG, are just borked, any huge changes to those elements will create a domino effect on other features and will require a huge rebalance of so many elements, its a huge cluster**** mess.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post
    Flux and everyone else,

Took a long vacation from the site and game. Returned to see progress and..

Let me get this straight.. So, Diablo III sucked and still hasn't been fixed over a year later. No PVP. No REAL loot fixes. No new maps. No new content. Nothing but empty words, empty promises and a failed director that has been replaced. To top it all off we get nothing but "We are working on it and hopefully we can share something soon.. but we love to hear your feedback!" while other projects like Path of Exile and Grim Dawn get constant updates and improvements almost weekly..?

So.. we wait til Blizzcon 2013, to HOPEFULLY see an Expansion pack (2017?) that we drop another $40 for that will HOPEFULLY fix the issues of the original game? I R CONFUSED.
    -There is pvp, similar to D2's, without the retarded PKing.
    -"loot fixing" is a broad definition, are you talking about low drop-rates or the need to lower / improve some items? Overhaul all the items?
    -the overall map shapes are not always random, though the content is.
    -I though I recalled there being this thing called the infernal machine.

Me? Yeah, I'd like to see more, but please, do your homework.

Banned

You both don't understand the first thing. D3 is successful. It sold 12m+ copies. From Blizzard's perspective, there is no need to fix anything. So they wont. -_- Expansion will be more of the same, WoW style. More items, new zones (jungle) and higher ilvl rolls. Nothing else. Move along.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    Expansion will be more of the same, WoW style.
    Do we have a psychic here?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    You both don't understand the first thing. D3 is successful. It sold 12m+ copies. From Blizzard's perspective, there is no need to fix anything. So they wont. -_- Expansion will be more of the same, WoW style. More items, new zones (jungle) and higher ilvl rolls. Nothing else. Move along.
    This is the same stuff people were saying before they added the IM stuff, before they added paragon levels, before they added Monster Power, before they tweaked Inferno, before they added the Archon recipes, etc. etc.

If there was no need to fix anything, why didn't they just walk away and leave Inferno untuned, not even getting into all the other stuff? I'm not saying those fixes were the cure-all for what ails the game, but your statement doesn't make any sense, because they've clearly been trying to fix stuff the entire year, BEYOND what they originally planned to do in terms of post-launch support.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiroptus View Post
    I am so curious about the expansion, its the only thing that keeps me going back to check D3 news.

Curious because I truly have no idea how they will expand or add depth to a game which core elements are so mis-designed and rotten.

Only the expansion or a re-launch (like FF:Realm Reborn) can do anything with this, there is no miracle patch that is going to remake the whole game. Itemzation or character customization, 2 features which are broken and are also the cornerstones of any ARPG, are just borked, any huge changes to those elements will create a domino effect on other features and will require a huge rebalance of so many elements, its a huge cluster**** mess.
    I agree with this, it is hard to do anything with the items because of previous bad decisions. The whole system needs to be reworked including: waypoints, traveling between acts, blocking, stat points, skill trees (there needs to be trees to increase customization and open up a plethora of interesting item choices, make respecs fairly easy to do, now you can remove the 6 skills at a time limit since there is a tree with skillpoints), itemization (fhr, fcr (wouldn't it be cool if your cooldown dropped on spells as you got more fcr, D2 style teleporting perhaps?), crushing blow, static field (are act bosses really that fun that you want to spend 10 minutes fighting each one?), well as add weapon ranges and wsm), skills (there needs to be curses at least that can alter the battlefield, these curses need to be available as charges or ctc procs), weapon switches need to be in the game, monsters need to be immune to certain types of damage occasionally in higher difficulties (can be broken with curses sometimes or your char needs two types of damage). Resistance system needs work.

To insert these things a lot of the systems would need to be scrapped and reworked and old items would need to be scrapped from the server. The game still needs lots of work, they dumbed down all of the systems and put a WoW hat on it (the stat point system/itemization seems WoW to me, also the level 60 cap is def WoW influence; enough people screamed about it that they added paragons, but still (funny, people were screaming about level 60 cap before the game out and blizz ignores and says durrr we know best, this is going to be fun; the endgame is the item hunt, no need to go past 60 durr.. We know what we're doing. It is abundantly clear you do not know what you are doing with a Diablo game anymore).

What they've done right:
    Fun to fight against monsters
    Graphics look nice
    Treasure goblins and resplendent chests
    Random content
    Last edited by nolan16; 03-07-2013 at 16:34.

IncGamers Member

This is the same stuff people were saying before they added the IM stuff, before they added paragon levels, before they added Monster Power, before they tweaked Inferno, before they added the Archon recipes, etc. etc.
    Sorry to sound petty but I would consider Paragon Level and Monster power just a bad band-aid fix to the lack of proper character growth after 60 and the lack of content.

Its a small tweak, its not something major, I think the only real content we had was the Infernal Machine. The major problems with the game have barely been tackled on all those patches.

IncGamers Member

That's fair, but a band-aid fix is still a fix. If his thesis is, "Lol Blizzard doesn't care, they made their money, all their customers can suck it," my evidence is a sufficient counterargument to invalidate his thesis. If they truly didn't care, not one iota, why would they offer patches for free, to their own personal and corporate financial detriment?

Anyway, I don't think your point is petty, as you're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I found that Monster Power and the Archon crafting revitalized the game for me. That may be because I actually LIKE the game, unlike you (which is totally cool, no judgment), so I think that those two things did actually tackle "major problems" with the game. (Monster Power addressed the major problem of a singular "flow" of content and allowed me to challenge myself in a way previously impossible; Archon gear addressed the really crappy drop rates and allowed me to upgrade my items and tackle harder challenges, i.e., higher MP levels, in due time.)

I do think Paragon levels are a deplorable, abominable system that reeks of boredom and a lack of creativity, though. I'm hard pressed to think of a worse solution to the problem they thought they had. (Even though I don't think the problem they thought they had and tried to fix was really a problem at all.)

IncGamers Member

Patches will always come, whoever said that blizzard wouldnt patch the game or fix certain issues because it would be for free and they are now a big greedy corporation is just spouting BS, its a given that any of their games will be given patches for free and some imbalances/bugs/problems would be fixed, its just natural for any PC game.

I dont think its a matter of "they dont care". I do believe that whoever is in charge of maintaing D3 has few tools at their disposal, for all this I believe they have a skeleton crew working on the game right now, maybe more people are on the expansion even who there wasnt much word about it, its mostly our assumption but with the skeleton crew they probably cant do more than Paragon Level or Monster Power, which are just number adjustments which is probably what the tools which they have allow them to do.

i dont hate the developers, hell I would even say that I believe Jay Wilson wanted something far more deep than what was in the game, Diablo 3's gutting/dumbing-down before the release, on september 2011, looks so much like corporate meddling but we will never know. The higher-ups are to blame here to keep D3 with this skeleton crew, the fastest sales in PC history, 12m copies, and they dont bother to maintain at least a level of trust/effort for the community, if the RMAH was their dream to print-money, just like some players would be happy to be addicted to diablo once again and make some few bucks here and there, it could be a win-win situation, like a luck-based Steam Workshop revenue (in Dota 2 people can model new stuff from the game and have it to be sold on the store and you receive a cut from those sales) but they really didnt bother to maintain the game well enough for that, its like their ambition with the game just waned as soon as the game was released, the apathy of the updates and post-release-development (yeah that term had to be created for D3) was just unheard for such a sucessful sales title.

It almost feel like they are grumpy, on bad will, to even mess with or talk about Diablo 3, I feel like not even blizzard like this title too much, it gave them the sales, hurray but they seem so annoyed on dealing with it, its like a kid complaning to his mother when she tells him that he has to do something he doesnt want to do, like "Aw common Mom, Do I have to?", I am not speaking of the remaining devs but on the actual big workforce on blizzard, I think this skeleton crew does what they can.