1. Cool downs work against the fast-passed nature of game-play. I\'m currently running through HC (for the first time! yay me) on a WD. Too many of the skills aren\'t worth using (I feel) because of their cool downs. The WD needs more active attack skills, generally, but is there any reconsideration of how cool downs undercut certain skills? (eg, Rain of Vengeance, as mentioned above.)
1b. How might making them resource-intensive, instead, make them more viable? Say, by forcing the player to focus on a resource-regen or resource-on-hit build (I can\'t remember if items even allow for that second option)?
2. Movement skills. The DH has an awesome movement skill. Um, ****. I can\'t remember what the other characters have... THAT\'S THE PROBLEM. Ok, um, the barbarian needs to be able to jump around a lot more. SO so much fun. The monk needs a ~zap~ I\'m over there! skill that doesn\'t rely on an active attack skill. The WD has an okay one, I think, just because it seems to be able to walk through so much and the cool down isn\'t totally crazy. The Wizard? Oh man, teleport is complete ****. It\'s like they realized how overkill it was in D2 and totally nerfed it. Or rather, gave up on designing it properly. Isn\'t there some rune that allows you to ignore the cool down for 1 second? Zap-zap- oh nevermind, I\'ve landed at a wall. I\'ll just get stuck here for a while....
3. I\'m not going through all the old posts now, but previously, I believe I saw where a front-pager or a highly up\'d comment suggested making the most common passives on each character standard for those characters. When the majority choose the same passives, maybe they should just be baked into the character. Any thought on that?
4. Has it already been asked? Any hints about the new classes?! I\'m a dork and still love this game; I\'m very excited for the expansions. Are there any holes (whether play style, or story line, or for old times sake, or whatever) the developers see that they\'d like to fill with a new character class?
Results 11 to 20 of 74
28-06-2013, 03:30 #11bob182Guest
28-06-2013, 03:34 #12
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
From the Battlenet character description:
Monks’ melee attacks are more potent when they’re used in careful succession; they generate additional spiritual energy, deal increased damage and produce unique effects that can enable a monk to defeat nearly any enemy.\"
Did this just get forgotten about? Or Dropped?
28-06-2013, 03:51 #13bob182Guest
Weapon choice has little to do with game play. I got a DH to 60 using a sword and shield, but she often had to turn to throwing a bomb or laying a spike trap--anything but actually using a sword. So many skills either presume the weapon you\'re using or completely disregard it. Is there any intention of refocusing on what\'s actually in your toon\'s hand?
28-06-2013, 03:53 #14
Any plans on bringing back affixes that gives us the abilities of certain classes ala D2? Like A barbarian with a ring that gives him teleport? Witch Doctor with hydra?
28-06-2013, 04:00 #15ChrisGuest
Demon hunters: Are they happy with the way that attack speed interacts with hatred consumption? Patch 1.05 was all about making the game playable without defensive skills. This succeeded for most classes but demon hunters still need 3 defensive skills to be viable in Inferno, are they happy with where things are?
Monks: Are they happy that the buffs on the spirit spenders have done their job? Apart from the one problem child, are they happy with the monk passives?
Wizard + Barb: What are their plans regarding WotB and Archon duration extenders. Are they going to put a hard limit on duration or just diminishing returns on duration extension.
28-06-2013, 04:19 #16
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- United States
As a Wizard player, I\'d like to see Meteor not share a \"turn\" with frost nova. My reason being CM wizards that use the usual FN,WW,explosion blast can use all 3 skills with no \"turn\" they\'re all spammable, compared to a wizard that wants to replace explosion blast with meteor, meteor and frost nova share a \"turn\" making is significantly more difficult to use a CM meteor wizard because Frost Nova is a huge deal for suvivability. As devs you say you want to buff skills rather than nerf them, this being a subtle change would be a big deal for meteor cm wizards.
28-06-2013, 04:21 #17
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- United States
WW = Energy Twister btw, typo
28-06-2013, 04:57 #18kar98Guest
barb - call the ancients. it sucks and all the runes suck. IMO all 5 runes should be added into the base skill and new runes should be made
28-06-2013, 05:03 #19
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
- Kansas BattleTag Tougeznut-1970
Re: Questions for Blizzard about Diablo 3 Classes?
I've been thinking of some kind of buff while you're standing in your AoE skill. Melee classes don't really need this, but all the ranged classes could hugely benefit from a sort of defensive buff while standing in your AoE. Like rewarding the bold for being bold...
Anyway... I'd like to know what's in store for the DH as well. Is there any plan on making them something other than a glass canon? Or a way of making them a more effective glass canon? Having so many escape skills is useless if you're limited in how often you can use them. Or make the snares actually snare things.
Regarding the barb... just leave it alone.
Monks: is there any planned increase to the base passive spirit regen and to make the spirit generators more viable to use in combos (like someone already mentioned above)? There should be some type of build that's viable (and competitive) with just spirit generators.
Wizard: any buffs to electricity spells? They kinda all suck.
WD: ...never cared about them.
sent from my GalaxySIII
28-06-2013, 05:36 #20
Not sure about that, as I think Meteor *should* have a casting animation, given it\'s intended power. FN and ET both have an animation IIRC, so it\'s just EB that doesn\'t from that list. The other common one is Diamond Skin, but is used pretty universally.
Wouldn\'t you rather see other capable builds that didn\'t require the carpal-tunnel-inducing IAS/CM combo? Many wizard passives could use work.
IMO they should instead buff Meteor\'s damage comparable to other skills that cost 1/2 of a resource pool, like Wave of Light - no cooldown and hits base for 800+ direct instead of 260.
Meteor is not even as high base damage as HotA, which has a similar impact radius at less than half the cost and doesn\'t require as much aiming or impact delay AND has an increase crit chance. Sure there\'s Shower, but it\'s only 100% per meteor with unpredictable accuracy.
FWIW you could lump the DH Cluster Arrow in the same topic of disappointing-damage-for-high-resource-cost. And WD Dire Bats, the only rune in the game that reduces your damage. (not sure if true)
From my biased perspective as a Meteor lover: the skill should be capable of being one of, if not *the*, hardest hitting skill in the game -- with reasonable casting costs, speeds, and restrictions. And with the right gear and skill combinations of course.