Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers News Service

Questions for Blizzard about Diablo 3 Classes?

After a harrowing shuttle ride down the 405 I have arrived at my hotel in Irvine, and await tomorrow's festivities. Bonus points for the shuttle driving right past Blizzard Entertainment's campus on the way here (it's about 4 miles from this hotel, right down Alton). I didn't want to try my luck against the high iron gates around the facility today, when I'm invited tomorrow, but I'm not posting a travel journal here, so let's get to the point!

I was looking over the huge list of questions you guys have submitted so far, and something odd caught my eye. I might have missed it, but so far in the nearly 90 comments I didn't see a single question or suggestion or request about ANY character class or skill. No one asking for a buff or a nerf to a class, for any skills to be improved or changed, etc. All of the questions were about larger issues of the game, itemization, PvP, etc.

So, here's your chance to rectify that. Do you guys have any suggestions or requests or demands or questions for Blizzard about the current state of the classes in D3? I will be sitting across a table from multiple Diablo 3 developers in 18 hours, so you're unlikely to get a more direct option to speak truth to power. Hit it in the comments, or click through to read at least one skill request I'll be voicing tomorrow.

Aside from jokes about Barbs needing an across the board 25% DPS nerf, my own hobby horse is the Demon Hunter and how it's by far the least viable in Hardcore, primarily since she's too squishy. I think the class badly needs an NDE or Spirit Vessel or Unstable Anomaly style passive that would provide a second chance in case of emergency. Something like 30% life restore and 2 seconds of Smoke Screen, triggered if your HPS go below 10%. They could insert it as a new Passive, or just tack it onto something appropriate, like Tactical Advantage or Perfectionist.

You need not second me on that though. The field is wide open, so pick your most or least favorite class and tell me to tell Bliz how to fix it.

IncGamers Member
    Why are Demon Hunters the worst at hunting demons and what do you intend on doing about it?

Related: How do you intend to make ranged combat function?

IncGamers Member
    Probably an unpopular idea but I\'d rather they remove NDE or Spirit Vessel or Unstable Anomaly instead of giving the DH a new one of those. I never liked the idea of these essentially HC-specific passives. Removing the existing ones would put the DH slightly more on equal footing with the others while keeping HC truly HC.

IncGamers Member
    Regarding Demon Hunters:
    -Could change Grenadier passive, which currently \"throws a giant grenade when you die\" to something like \"generates invulnerability shield and stuns enemies\"
    -Strafe should be looked at. All runes except Demolitions(grenades) are vastly underpowered, and channeling cost is impossible with ias gear. The skill simply isn\'t strong enough to warrant costing so much hatred.
    -How about a Rain of Vengeance buff? The skill is pretty much worthless, it does so little damage for a 30s cd.

Regarding Hardcore:
    -Please please please see if you can get a response from them as to if they ever plan to at least acknowledge disconnects and their \"take 20-60 seconds to exit game\" mechanic is a problem.
    -Act2 keywarden reflecting Monk Bells is kind of ridiculous, and often 1 shots party members in public games on higher mp. Was that really intended? It doesn\'t seem like a \"projectile\" skill to me.

D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator Holyknight3000's Avatar
    BattleTag Holyknight-1111
    Do you plan to make Demon Hunters more durable and how will you come about doing this?

While the anniversary buff was on I finished leveling my DH to 60 and she just felt like she had no armor period. All I could do was flip flip flip away and shoot.

My monk on the other hand was like \"rawr smash\" through everything still.

HK

IncGamers Member
    Oh, I would say that \"What are your plans for strengthening the roleplaying aspect of the game?\" is more than just touching the topic \"classes & skills\" ^^

BattleTag FleshNBlood-6108
    Quote Originally Posted by mondovious View Post
    Regarding Hardcore:
    -Please please please see if you can get a response from them as to if they ever plan to at least acknowledge disconnects and their \"take 20-60 seconds to exit game\" mechanic is a problem.
    +1
    My last 3 DH have died to Net dropout or PC crashes, 2 of them were in places that if it hadn\'t dropped out there is no way i would have died!
    Like at the top of the stairs in Leoric\'s Manor just as \'1\' normal Dark Cultist comes through the door. This was on mp1 and i was pl26
    Last edited by FnB; 28-06-2013 at 02:33.

IncGamers Member
    What are your plans for wizard skills so that we can have more than Archon and CM builds?

Menlyn
    Honestly.
    Hundreds of threads have been made on the forums about class imbalance... while they\'ve acknowledged the OP\'ness of certain barb and wiz builds, they\'ve pretty much said \"we like where the DH is now\".

A blind man can see that DHs need some work, and while the rapid fire buff definitely was an improvement, it is probably the least fun build to play... the most viable rune (bombardment) looks like you\'re taking a piss, and then it becomes all about stream management.

I\'d like to see some serious DH tweaks across the board. Buffs to damage and/or resource costs. A few skills like RoV and Fan of Knives could use slight mechanic reworks (i.e. Cooldowns, even something similar to Overpower). While the passives Grenadier and Thrill of the hunt (the latter which basically doesn\'t work) could also use work.

Nothing I\'ve said here, is something that you or they don\'t already know.

Any chance of a marked for death change or buff? It’s a bad skill. None of the runes feel better or worth using. I feel a lot of lost potential lies in better skillrunes for this skill. Compared similar skills (Mantra of conviction), MRD simply underwhelms. MOC doesn’t need to be cast and aimed every 2 seconds, has a rune that actually increases the effect and always has a massive aoe of effected monsters. MFD can’t compare.

Keeping with this train of thought… exploding palm. All bland and crap skillrunes. The way I\'d word this as a question would be: Any changes in store for EP?

Due to monster density changes, some skill feel way worse then they used to: Evasive fire. Only covering fire feels viable here. (the one that turns the one shot into 3.) Perhaps all the runes and the base skill should inherently have this 3-shot bonus.

Shadowpower with gloom. Any chance of a change to this must-have skill?