Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: The US government putting microchips in Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Personally, I think it's more realistic to happen after a post WW3 dystopia. Prior to that, there just wouldn't be any support or tolerance for something like that. They can't get away with everything.

You underestimate them.

Personally, I think it's more realistic to happen after a post WW3 dystopia. Prior to that, there just wouldn't be any support or tolerance for something like that. They can't get away with everything.
    That's what they said about the NSA spying on everybody, or the IRS being used to target political rivals. Even after it was discovered, half the population is so blind to the repercussions that they are cool with it.

....I guess we should be wary of the chippy van then.
    "You want chips with your fish?"
    "No, no! Just the fish!"

Doublethink: When it comes to doing good, the government is completely inept and incapable, but when it comes to doing bad, they are maniacal masterminds that control everything.

It's not both. Pick one. In reality, they're about equally as capable and/or inept at both.

Also, who DIDN'T think the NSA was spying on us since the 90's? To be honest, if what's come out is the worst of it, I'm somewhat relieved. I feared worse.

Doublethink: When it comes to doing good, the government is completely inept and incapable, but when it comes to doing bad, they are maniacal masterminds that control everything.

It's not both. Pick one. In reality, they're about equally as capable and/or inept at both.
    Wrong. It's both. Just because you're really good at blowing stuff up doesn't mean you're really good at putting stuff together.

Also, who DIDN'T think the NSA was spying on us since the 90's? To be honest, if what's come out is the worst of it, I'm somewhat relieved. I feared worse.
    Yeah, sure. Everyone "knew" about it. But did anyone acknowledge it? Nope. That was for Hollywood movies and Alex Jones.

Well, that's not quite true. There was plenty of government spying rhetoric during the Bush years. Right up until a democrat was put in office. Then any that talked about it were once again quickly dismissed as conspiracy nutbars. As if the election somehow magically made these things cease to exist, even as they announce that these programs were expanding.