Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag Elly-1983

Post your Diablo 3 Console Questions for Blizzard In Here

Diablo: IncGamers will be visiting Blizzard HQ this Friday to play the Playstation version of Diablo 3 amongst other things.

We'd like to invite members to ask any questions they may have that are specific to the console version of the game such as gameplay, multiplayer, user interface etc.

Just post any questions you have in this thread and we will take them with us on Friday.
    Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

IncGamers Member

Re: Post your Diablo 3 Console Questions for Blizzard In Here

Im curious about two things. First is regarding skills and AoE targeting. From my experience with both sacred 2 and torchlight for Xbox 360, there seem to have been a problem when it came to place the AoE spells and other skills that require the player to actually target a place. With a mouse, it's quite simple but with a controller, it's a whole new story.

What have you done in order to improve the players ability to hit the mobs with AoE Skills and use of other skills that requires a place to target (Teleport comes into my mind)

Second question: I am a owner of Diablo 3 collectors edition, so technical i actually own Diablo 3 already. Im curious about this, because i am stil thinking about if i should buy Diablo 3 for my Xbox 360, so i can play with some friends, who havent been spending years of playing the Diablo franchise (*cough*13 years*cough*) so they are pretty new to this. Anyway, do i have to register my copy of the concole on my diablo account and is there any benefit, other then the registration?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid grey View Post
    Second question: I am a owner of Diablo 3 collectors edition, so technical i actually own Diablo 3 already. Im curious about this, because i am stil thinking about if i should buy Diablo 3 for my Xbox 360, so i can play with some friends, who havent been spending years of playing the Diablo franchise (*cough*13 years*cough*) so they are pretty new to this. Anyway, do i have to register my copy of the concole on my diablo account and is there any benefit, other then the registration?
    There is no connection or overlap between Diablo 3 on different platforms. PS3 and Xbox characters can not interact with PC, or cross console, etc. The consoles don't connect to Battle.net at all, their MP is local or via Xbox or PS online networks.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

This isn't quite a question, and I'm the one who will be answering them anyway, but I'm most curious about the high level stuff, end game changes, rare quality and drop rates, etc. Thus I really hope they let us do some testing with pre-made high level chars.

If they just sit us down in a 4P game starting at level 1 that'll be of some interest for the difference in the controls, but I most want to get a P50 char with high quality gear and max MF and stomp around MP4 to see how the the endgame differs from the PC.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

What are the

PS3/XBOX 360

Hard drive free space requirements?

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699

Hey Flux, Elly and everybody,

I have some questions that have been nagging at me for sometime. I would create a topic on Bnet forums but honestly, I can't stand it there, even more so after I quit playing D3 for PC. I did pre-order D3 for console because even though the game is terrible IMO and failed to meet my expectations as a Diablo fan, I think console is more so how Diablo games are meant to be played. With that, I have several concerns I'd like to know are addressed.

1. Crafting. With the absense of AH, are the prices going to be less to craft as well as crafting supply exchange? For instance, you can have 8 gems equipped (1 helm, 3 chest, 2 ring, 1 weapon, 1 Off hand) with the exception of Ice Climbers which is 9 and/or Manticore Dual Socket which would give you 10. How on earth can we afford to make even Radiant gems in a feasable amout of time without AH, not to mention Marquise gems which are 20 mil a pop to make with 3 radiants exchanged per 1 Marquise gem? I put over 1000 hours into D3 and never came close to getting enough gold/gems/tomes to make Radiants let alone Marquise. This is worries me that maybe they are just going to throw the console versions out without addressing this issue.

2. Vendors price for buying/selling items. OK, so selling items is pretty reasonable I suppose, though even still for console I think it should be 25-40% less initally because its hard to accumulate decent gold early in the game when your getting like 10-60 gold drops from monsters in Act 1. Also, are they going to address what Vendors pay for our goods? I think the most I made off a vendor on the PC was like 3-4K gold. Without AH I think they need to go back to Diablo II's style and put caps on gold payments per Difficulty but allow Vendors to pay alot more for our items! A quick example being a badass Skorn, with socket and LS should be worth 50K in Inferno, 40K in Hell and 30K in NM and so on. This gives us players a chance to 1. Feel like finding items is worth it without AH 2. Gives us spending money to put towards crafting.

3. Plans for DLC? Just curious if you heard from the grape vine that they had any planned DLC content other than the upcoming XPAC? I think it would be cool if they could give us some mods we could buy like "Ulimited Stash Space" or things like "Max Stat/Affix Rolled Items/Sets". Other things might be loot mods that we could buy that increase monster drop ratio's 10 fold and the like. I think DLC could be fun for developers and fans alike. Diablo II was alot of fun because fans were able to create their own mods to play and share. Since D3 is under lock down, I'd like to see developers step up to the plate and make us some fun mods.

4. Multiplayer XP/Loot. I was curious what the modifiers are going to be for 2 player games? Does console support 4 players on 1 screen? If not, shouldn't 2 player action receive the same bonus's as 4 player on PC? Do you guys know what its looking like as far as numbers are going for XP modifiers and loot %'s?

5. When playing Multiplayer, can your friend or loved one go to Town, walk away while the you continue playing? If yes, does the person still playing get the XP/Loot modifer for the second player who went absense momentarily? Also, do both players in a MP game have to "ACCEPT" Boss fights? Or can the Host accept and start playing even if the other player is away in Town? What about if the player in Town did not fight the Boss, but came back after, will their be loot for them? On PC, if a player did not fight a Boss, when the Boss died, there was no loot for them. I am just curious.

Thanks for this thread Flux, Elly and everyone else. Have a nice day!

-Zero

PS: Kinda OT but man, I wish the Dev's would play Diablo 1-2 and take some notes for the upcoming Xpac. Haha.

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699

What are the

PS3/XBOX 360

Hard drive free space requirements?
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim is roughly 3.8 GB, I wouldn't think D3 would be that much, probably alot less. But you can guess 2.5-3GB for sure. Maybe Flux or Elly might have a better answer for you then me however.

-Zero

IncGamers Member

My dream D3 mode (or for any game): Self-Only (no Public Games ever for that mode), HC, Self-Found only (with no option to access the AH), with Loot dropping (and designed to fit) mostly (>50%) for the character type and level being played, the rest (<49%) for other chars I may play). I love D3, but I rarely play Public games (<0.001%). It would be great if I didn't NEED to visit the AH to actually finish the game, which is currently the case. Thanks.

IncGamers Member

Elly and others, thanks for this thread. I hope it can also help me with a question:

I've played the full version from my couch with some friends. Now we want to try out multiplayer over the Net. But you cannot play multiplayer between demo and full version. Can I install the demo version next to the full version on my PS3, or will that corrupt my full-version characters? Or is it even technically impossible to have both versions installed?