Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    +1 for your 4th question, I\'m curious about that one as well.

3) If they allow you to save characters to external drives and later restore them, then you\'ll be able to restore Hardcore characters this way. Things like this come with an offline game. It\'s your decision if you want to do this or not. There won\'t be a HC economy you could ruin this way, so it\'s not a huge problem. They could probably prevent this by making the game remember an unique ID about your dead HC characters and prevent you from restoring them after they die, but I don\'t think they will do this for the above mentioned reason.

5) Why not? I mean split-screen coop is nice, but it\'s clearly more limiting than a \"true\" multiplayer game, because of the shared camera. We already know that you can create games online. Doing the same on a LAN doesn\'t require too much extra effort, the game just needs to use your friends local address instead of the WAN address for the connection. Since D3 already has a way to see whether a player is on your LAN (\"Players Near You\" feature), doing this should be easy. Another reason including LAN play should be easier on the programming side is that the game doesn\'t need to do NAT traversal. Basically, I can\'t think of a technical reason why they couldn\'t do this.

Charons
    Here\'s my question to the dev\'s.

Would you consider trying to make the 2 off-stats add half damage.

Example for barb.
    1 str = 1 attack power
    1 dex = .5 attack power
    1 int = .5 attack power

This would seriously open up the items in terms of usefulness and let players actually build armory, dodgy or resistant heavy characters instead of having to go all primary stat for their dps.

Let it go man. Every one is entitled to his or her opinion and sharing that with her personal FB account is her right. The fact that she\'s a dev doesn\'t give her opinion more merit. If you disagree with her, then the best you can do is being nice about it. Being spiteful definitely won\'t help.

IncGamers Member
    It\'s disgustingly sad at how far ahead poe is creatively and mechanically. If it was as smooth as D3 they would never have to even dream of a free to play model.

Chris
    Any chance of old dungeons being revisited (eg for D3X) to make them less predictable. This would require 3D modelling work to allow each large tile to have 4 possible exits unlike the max of 2 or 3 that most of them have now.

Or does this go against their design philosophy? Do they want it to be a little predictable? The second half of act 3 is 100% predictable and one of its draw points apart from monster density was that you never had to backtrack. Would it be reasonable to expect a more unpredictable map to have higher monster density still to compensate?

D2X eventually had a patch to greatly increase Hell mode difficulty. One of the things that changed was randomising what monsters could appear where so you couldn\'t predict what you would encounter. Is this something they see happening in some point in the future?

What is their take on life steal and life on hit as it currently works? Are they happy that this is the primary form of managing your life total? Are they happy with the role that health globes are currently playing in Inferno?

IncGamers Member
    6 months ago I\'d have a ton of questions and suggestions. At this point the only thing I\'m curious about is the expansion feature list. I expect nothing of substance from patches unless they can generate more revenue.

It\'s been said a million times before, the core dps mechanics and skills are not fixable with a patch. The base damage calculations/skills needs to be completely reworked for the expansion and then they can throw in the fluff legendary items etc.

Here\'s some of what Travis Day thinks about the health globe system (third paragraph at 1:15 in the transcript and the question that follows): http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/travis-day-diablo-3-interview-live-stream

Personally, I kinda disagree with him. I think health globes and the related item affixes are mostly fine the way they are. Sub-MP6 my characters are sustained by health globes and I do fine if I play well. A small amount of pickup radius (a total of 10-15 is enough) and +10-20k heals go a long way to make globes good alternatives to leeching. I feel that the globe + potion heal affix is really undervalued at the moment. It\'s cheap to pick up a considerable amount of it. Of course, the less item slots spent on this the better. It also makes potions much better oh s*** buttons.

Not considering specific builds and attack speeds, I think Life on Hit would be a good alternative if it would be cheaper and wouldn\'t be affected so much by coefficients. With good gear (150-200k+ DPS) concentrating on Life Steal is the better choice, but before then (so for most of the game really) globes do absolutely fine.

9) What do they think about the current single-target vs. AoE skill usage statistics?

IncGamers Member
    I thought is was actually playful.

IncGamers Member
    I have a few questions

Will elemental damage ever be changed to how it was in Diablo 2? Ex. Poison in Diablo 3 is Direct Damage, in Diablo 2 it was DoT. Interesting mechanic for monsters to have at least.

Were some features that would have been released with Vanilla Diablo scrapped so there would be more of a features list for upcoming expansion(s)? Not complaining, as that would make sense in my mind.

Any news if they will revamp dps (get rid of it, it\'s boring and not fun!!!) and primary stats. Every stat should be useful for each class. If that were the case stat point allocations and lock some items under stat requirements.

Who is Ormus??????? There has to be more to that character then is let on. Or not.