Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag Majo666-2473

Radiant star plan drop from Ghom?

Accordning to patch 1.0.7 notes, Ghom and certain other bosses have an extended chance of dropping certain plans.

Does this include Radiant Star plans or is it only Marquise?

I am still missing the Radiant Star plan and i need it for the achievment "Like stars in the sky"

IncGamers Member

Re: Radiant star plan drop from Ghom?

No, the enhanced drop rates off of some sub-Bosses in each Act is solely for the Archon crafting recipes (+amulet).

No such dice on the gem plans.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Thanks for the reply, no use in doing Ghom runs then

As Ivan said, those 8 special bosses with the enhanced drop rates only apply to the v1.07 item crafting recipes.

As for plans for gems, those can drop from any monster in Inferno, and higher MF helps a lot for finding plans. They practically litter the screen when you run with 500% MF or more, and you'll find 8 or 10 Plans/Designs in a decent length game. Which ones you get are random, and often of the "grand exalted arse bustle" type, but Jeweler plans seem to drop much more often than BS plans, and they're common enough that you'll get the ones you want sooner or not too much later.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

Btw, if you want the radiant star emerald plan, I can toss you one for free assuming you're on the US server.

Unless the goal is to find the plans yourself (what I'm doing), in which case, cheers!

(I also have a few other various jewelcrafting plans that I've amassed duplicates of and haven't bothered to vendor.)

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Thanks for the offer Ivan, but i play purely selffound so.....

I have got the other jewel plans several times for each combo of quality and gem, so it's just bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    Thanks for the offer Ivan, but i play purely selffound so...
    I assumed it was that, since all gem designs sell for fairly low prices. I also assume it's just completionism that's driving you? Or have you really saved up all the gold and mats, and if so is is 15400k gold, 1631 ToS, and 729 Flawless Squares really the best use of your resources, in exchange for a mere 10% more CD?

(Technically it would be 2/3 of thsoe prices if you've already got one Perfect Star...)
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    I assumed it was that, since all gem designs sell for fairly low prices. I also assume it's just completionism that's driving you? Or have you really saved up all the gold and mats, and if so is is 15400k gold, 1631 ToS, and 729 Flawless Squares really the best use of your resources, in exchange for a mere 10% more CD?

(Technically it would be 2/3 of thsoe prices if you've already got one Perfect Star...)
    Well, the reason is simply completionism (what a nice word!)

As i said, i want that achievment, and i pick up all ToS and gems, so i am slowly crafting better and better gems.
    Running self-found and having already crafted what i consider decent archon gear, there is really no other use for the ToS i gather.

Stubborn? Maybe. But i play the game as it is, in the pace that suits me.

(Talking about upgrades though, they are incredibly rare nowadays for my wizard, but i actually found a new source w/o socket the other day that was an upgrade from my old source WITH a socket!)