Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 1.0.1 "Mod"/option?

IMO, the big DPS/power gap is largely due to Blizz's pointless decision to cap levels at 60. If they'd thought things out a little better, those people with 300K+ DPS would all be lvl80 or 90 characters wearing items with high level requirements. If they'd done that, the power gap of characters around the same level would be much more reasonable.

PS - there are youtube videos of DH's breezing through MP10 solo so reports of them being "awful" (outside HC) are wildly overrated.

Double ww build is the strongest build in the game with the right level of gear.

Infinite WOTB combined with the speed boost easily makes up for 100k less dps, i.e. 500k vs 400k dps

In fact this advantage is most obvious when comparing dh with barb, while a dh will be slowed by even the simplest of crowd control or DoT the barb just rushes in immune to all cc or dmg. At 500k dps even 5% lifesteal will make you practically immune to all dmg.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Double ww build is the strongest build in the game with the right level of gear.

Infinite WOTB combined with the speed boost easily makes up for 100k less dps, i.e. 500k vs 400k dps

In fact this advantage is most obvious when comparing dh with barb, while a dh will be slowed by even the simplest of crowd control or DoT the barb just rushes in immune to all cc or dmg. At 500k dps even 5% lifesteal will make you practically immune to all dmg.
    Personally, I'd say the HotA build is stronger at higher MP levels due to the crazy scaling of the smash rune.

It is true that DH, WDs and to some extent, Wizards need some love.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Personally, I'd say the HotA build is stronger at higher MP levels due to the crazy scaling of the smash rune.

It is true that DH, WDs and to some extent, Wizards need some love.
    WDs are solid. There are no viable non CM wizards though and DHs are just messed up.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    There are no viable non CM wizards though and DHs are just messed up.
    I have seen youtube videos of both non-CM Wizs and of DHs being able to clear MP10. This statement is therefore factually, objectively false.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    I have seen youtube videos of both non-CM Wizs and of DHs being able to clear MP10. This statement is therefore factually, objectively false.
    I'm sure you've seen 50 beez DHs doing half as well as 100m sets for other classes. That isn't viable.

Also, all Wizard builds use CM, even stuff like Sleet Storm that doesn't really have the coefficients to support it very well.

Go ahead, make a pure cold sorc and then make the standard ss (who uses explosive blast and storm armor).

One can barely do mp5, the other can easily go much higher.