Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 1.0.1 "Mod"/option?

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    Min-max is optimal only for very hardcore gamers, like Kripp. Some people just want to have mindless fun, others want cool story, yet others want enthralling atmosphere. It's not clear what is "optimal", in general case.

Not everybody is playing purely for "win". I play mostly for FUN.
    Except that we're talking about an ARPG. Here the power difference isn't 5% or even 50%, which would likely only matter for those crunching all the numbers. It's more like 500% or 5,000%. That matters to everyone, and bothers everyone, because it means you can't play the character you wanna play without having that character likely suck.

Edit: ...You did NOT just turn this into a ROLEplayer argument.

Seriously.
    Last edited by Noodle; 25-06-2013 at 23:25. Reason: bypassing word filter

Recently I picked HoMM 3, for the first time. I'm deeply captivated by this game. It seem almost perfect for me. It's not very hard, it has tons of content and you can easily spend TEN HOURS or more, on a single map. I love this 12yo game. I don't feel any need to restrict myself while playing it. I'm having tons of fun and surprising moments. It feels right from get go to the end. Just like D2:LoD. D3 feels like a big mess to me, with a very prestigious name slapped on it.
    Maybe you simply don't like Diablo 3 then? Nothing wrong with not liking it, but don't expect people on a Diablo fansite to agree with you.

HoMM 3 is one of the best games ever made, and certainly the best in it's (admittedly somewhat narrow) genre. Diablo 3 is one of the most-selling games ever, and from the statistics Blizzard put out about how many people are still playing some time ago I'd say it hasn't exactly failed in keeping people interested. If you don't like it it's fine, but realize that there are plenty of people out there who enjoy playing Diablo 3 without any restrictions or with their own restrictions.

IncGamers Member

I have no idea why this thread about mods turned into this discussion but...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    Except that we're talking about an ARPG. Here the power difference isn't 5% or even 50%, which would likely only matter for those crunching all the numbers. It's more like 500% or 5,000%. That matters to everyone, and bothers everyone, because it means you can't play the character you wanna play without having that character likely suck.
    ...what in the world are you talking about here? I'm pretty sure that the most RMAH'd out Whirlwinding Barb is not 5000% more powerful than someone's self-found DH. And even if it is, if the DH can beat the game or accomplish whatever goals they had for themselves, it just means that Barb is 5000% more powerful than necessary for that player.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflight View Post
    Play solo, hardcore and self-found and use about MP4. Getting through Inferno is silly hard.

The game is what you make of it at this point. If you want hard the option is there.
    I have been happily playing self-found hardcore. I've died a few time already, last one at 59 :(. I also probably won't go back to any other play mode.

But that really wasn't my train of thought. This question popped up in my head when I was discussing with a friend how brutal original inferno was. I was fortunate enough to have Diablo release right next to my birthday and a national holiday. That gave me the opportunity to take some extra time off from work and grind out the game. Most of my friends didn't have that same schedule.

Unlike D2, D3 it is not an offline game. We can't just load up the game, not update it and play. So if my friends want to see how difficult it was to accomplish it, just to say they also got to complete in its orginial state or try it with each character they can't do that. If there was a mod or offline option in the long run to allow us to play 1.0.1, then I would be happy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post

...what in the world are you talking about here? I'm pretty sure that the most RMAH'd out Whirlwinding Barb is not 5000% more powerful than someone's self-found DH. And even if it is, if the DH can beat the game or accomplish whatever goals they had for themselves, it just means that Barb is 5000% more powerful than necessary for that player.
    I don't play D3, but I head that some people are clearing Inferno doing 50k dps, while top players do 1m+. This means that some people are about 20x more powerful, measuring in raw dps. This essentially makes PvP a joke, among other things. In D2 Hammerdin did 20k magic, while a good light soso did about 20k too. Good conc barb could to about 12k physical, with 20% magical. Top summon necro: 20k+. It's all similar. In D3 one dude does 50k, other 500k. This cripples everything: team PvE and PvP. It's just bad design, all the way...

Items are WAY to powerful in D3.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post

When there's a relatively small gap between best/worst, non optimizers can ignore efficiency. If there's a huge gap, they can't.

A self found character would do 10k dps, if a DH their real DPS is like 30k.

Max dps is well over 500k, ww barbs have a 5-10x multiplier.

= Said barb is actually more than 5,000% stronger.

No matter how much you're not interested in best whatever you'll notice.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

I don't play D3, but I head that some people are clearing Inferno doing 50k dps, while top players do 1m+. This means that some people are about 20x more powerful, measuring in raw dps. This essentially makes PvP a joke, among other things. In D2 Hammerdin did 20k magic, while a good light soso did about 20k too. Good conc barb could to about 12k physical, with 20% magical. Top summon necro: 20k+. It's all similar. In D3 one dude does 50k, other 500k. This cripples everything: team PvE and PvP. It's just bad design, all the way...

You don't play the game, but more than a year after it's release you still show up to a Diablo site to troll . . . Unbelievable.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

BattleTag nurman-2854

Says a guy who came from a game with the enigma.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Says a guy who came from a game with the enigma.
    You don't get it. Enigma is ok, except Teleport. Teleport does not brake the game. In ENHANCES it allowing MANY new tactics and tricks. Maybe it's OP, but in a very fun way. In D3 you have only OP **** which makes numbers grow bigger. Big difference.

IncGamers Member

You don't get it. Enigma is ok, except Teleport. Teleport does not brake the game. In ENHANCES it allowing MANY new tactics and tricks. Maybe it's OP, but in a very fun way. In D3 you have only OP **** which makes numbers grow bigger. Big difference.
    Uh... almost all the "OP" stuff in D3 is OP because it allows you to move and deal AoE damage at the same time, or because it completely prevents monsters from taking actions, NOT because numbers are growing bigger.