Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers News Service

Diablo 3 Xbox 360 first look and gameplay demo with Josh Mosquiera

We've seen and read a lot about the PS3 version of Diablo 3 these past few days but little on the Xbox 360 version. A new preview of the 360 version is now up on OXM and it sounds like they struggled a bit with skill control when compared to the PC version.

There's also some footage courtesy of Gamesradar of the game on the 360 which includes commentary from Josh Mosquiera who is giving the demo. Josh talks about how the game feels and also covers the Nephalim globes that drop from enemies among other things.

IncGamers Member
    Two handed weapons are definitely a staple of the barbarian. This is our new game director...

IncGamers Member
    God.. a year later I\'m still so god-damned ticked off. I\'ve never gotten so emotional over a game before.. but that\'s only because I truly LOVED the Diablo franchise and Blizzard as a whole.

Diablo 3 was like getting back together with my high school sweetheart, but only after she slept with 10 guys in the back of my car.

I\'m going to go outside and smoke a cigarette.. this company is killing me, literally.

IncGamers Member
    Barb moves really, really slow in the video

4:21 - a 2 handed weapon is dual wielding ?

FacelessOne
    I\'m really waiting for some good H&S RPG... maybe something will come out on kickstarter, this is the only hope...

Wow, it really looks like they didn’t half-*** this. Ok, let me rephrase that. It looks good. It looks like they had some great ideas, and the console version seems better off for it.

IncGamers Member
    why the hell(pun intended) they do not give us pc gamers those gui updates?
    -_-

Faramis
    This is simply abomination.

Because the primary reason for the UI changes were the split-screen coop. It actually reduces the visibility of some important things you want to see during combat (your health, resource(s) and skill cooldowns), because they are moved more to your periferal vision. I hope if they implement the console UI on the PC (not likely), then it will be an option only.

The item pickup queue is a really nice feature for consoles and especially for split-screen play, where opening multiple inventories would be problematic (is it even possible?).

The only console feature I\'d like to see implemented on the PC is the dodge roll, especially if they would remove the Dodge stat from Dexterity (it should be with another defensive stat of course). This features makes the combat more player skill based, which I really like. My only concern is that it would devalue the DH\'s Vault somewhat, but since you can cover much more distance with it than with the dodge, it would still remain valuable, especially against fast enemies.

I\'m still not quite sure though how targeted AoE skills work exactly. It seems like you can target specific enemies with them with one of the analog sticks, but how does that targeting work exactly? If I have a huge mob on my screen and pull the stick towards them which enemy will become my target? One in the middle of the pack or one on the edge? This system is problematic with skills like Blizzard, in which case its highly beneficial to lead moving targets with the skill to maximize the slow effect.

Also, how can I target my Leap when there aren\'t enemies around? Does it always cover the maximum distance possible and I just give it a direction?