Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

9k Fireball damage?

Hi. I was watching a youtube video and the guy said his sorc does 9k fireball damage. My Sorc has maxed out fireball, firemastery, firebolt synergy plus has some plus skills and still only does like 2.7k or so.

Sorry if this is a newb question but how does one get 9k fireball damage?

How high can you get it?

IncGamers Member

Re: 9k Fireball damage?

You should get more skills points from your gear, i have +7 skills points from my gear and i do 7k fireball damage.

Fireball receives bonuses from firebolt and meteor, fire mastery as well. When you have all those skills on 20, you already have 3.7k damage without any additional skill from gear. With skills from gear + fire skillers, fully synergized fireball can go over 20k damage. If we don't talk about fully synergized fireball, then it can still go over 11k depending on the gear. So, you need skills, that's all.

IncGamers Member

Thanks, I think I see what the problem is. I am level 92, I don't really have enough points left to attain much in meteor for the synergy. The rest of my points are in cold for FO and CM. I do have about +4 in skills or so but I guess I need a lot more.

With the right set of gear its easy to get at least +10 skills from gear if not more. The synergies may not seem like much, but the damage adds up. Unfortunately a pure fire sorc has difficulties with immunes so it becomes a balance issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

IncGamers Member

Sorceress ( esp fire and lightning ) skills get exponentially better with +skills. You see, a +1 skill not only increases the skill level but also the level of the mastery, thus giving it a huge combined boost.

It is easy to get +skills. Just oculus and harlequin crest will give you +5 skills, and those are quite common. Add a spirit monarch and vipermagi and that's even more +skills.

So if you have only +4 skills, you're probably doing something wrong. Hell my untwinked sorc had more than that.

IncGamers Member

Ouch! No need to get personal! (;