Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Help! I have Kinemortophobia - the fear of the dead not being buried!

"people were deported without consent"

Does the writer of this article even know what deported means?

meh. hard to get too worked up about it. The guy had thirty years to address his status. I'm all for letting people come here to work, but you gotta join the system. He would have already been here for the 1986 amnesty. What happened?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Apart from the legal implications, how about the moral or ethical issues of deporting people who are ill?
    Ah, but there are also the ethical concerns of forcing others to pay for people's (mostly self-inflicted) medical problems. Whole other thread.

I would say a good way to avoid problems while in a coma is to not render yourself comatose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    meh. hard to get too worked up about it. The guy had thirty years to address his status. I'm all for letting people come here to work, but you gotta join the system. He would have already been here for the 1986 amnesty. What happened?
    Isn't there a law that you can't kick somebody out a country if he's been there illegal for X years?
    But I fully agree with you, you come to someone's country, you gotta join their system!
    If you don't like it, stay out of that country, it's your own choice to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Ah, but there are also the ethical concerns of forcing others to pay for people's (mostly self-inflicted) medical problems. Whole other thread.

I would say a good way to avoid problems while in a coma is to not render yourself comatose.
    Oh yes, we have that problem here in Belgium by the many, people from all over the place seem to come here and take advantage of our system, we seem to be paying for them, and for the lazy people in our own midst!
    Healthcare system / unemployment system / government positions are all getting abused to the max while the little man (aka me) has to pay enormous taxes for it...

Still, I can't imagine people throwing someone out a hospital into another country while they're comatose?
    It doesn't really sound "humane"?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

As the other thread was closed I will just leave this here
    Move to Eastern Turkey Obro

Officials in a city in rural eastern Turkey, responding to an ancient local fear of being buried alive, have equipped the local morgue with the latest gadgetry in case any of the bodies stored there have been declared dead by mistake.
    Alarms and electronic motion detectors in the mortuary in Malatya, a town not otherwise known for its modernity, will detect the slightest movement by a living person emerging from a coma or long period of unconsciousness.
    The 36 refrigerators will be fitted with interior door handles to allow their occupants to climb out of their coffins and open the doors, Akif Kayadurmus, head of the municipal funerals service, told the state news agency Anatolian.
    "The device detects even the slightest movement and sends out an alarm," Kayadurmus said. "We also placed a system at the feet of the deceased that opens the refrigerator in case of contact. The resurrections may be rare, but we have taken every possibility into account."
    The morgue, which is due to open this week, will also have a lounge, a cafe and digital information panels to allow mourners to follow the washing and wrapping of the dead in accordance with Islamic tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    The morgue, which is due to open this week, will also have a lounge, a cafe and digital information panels to allow mourners to follow the washing and wrapping of the dead in accordance with Islamic tradition.
    - "Mama mama, what are they doing to grandma?"
    - "Cleaning, wrapping and then they are going to put her into an oven."
    - "Ah, just like we did with the turkey last thanksgiving! Are we going to eat grandma too?"

With brussels sprouts and roasties?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Isn't there a law that you can't kick somebody out a country if he's been there illegal for X years?
    But I fully agree with you, you come to someone's country, you gotta join their system!
    If you don't like it, stay out of that country, it's your own choice to go there?

Oh yes, we have that problem here in Belgium by the many, people from all over the place seem to come here and take advantage of our system, we seem to be paying for them, and for the lazy people in our own midst!
    Healthcare system / unemployment system / government positions are all getting abused to the max while the little man (aka me) has to pay enormous taxes for it...

Still, I can't imagine people throwing someone out a hospital into another country while they're comatose?
    It doesn't really sound "humane"?
    Here in the US, if you come here illegally, or overstay a VISA, you are illegal until you go through the process of applying for permanent residency or citizenship. There is no statute of limitations, save the occasional amnesty bill. It doesn't matter what condition you are in, if you become a hassle, we'll send you home.

Well, if anything, it's effective.

Pity things don't go that easily/fast in Belgium ^^

BattleTag What Me Worry?

LOL - FYI We don't actually enforce the laws we have generally.

and without enforcement it's about this effective

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[1] Other estimates range from 7 to 20 million.[2] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[3] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.[3]

We have as many illegals as you have people in Belguim 11 million or so. But the % varys from place to place as the total population is about 313.9 million

An estimated 14 million people live in families in which the head of household or the spouse is in the United States illegally.

Where I live in Sol Cal 1 in 3 or 4 people is an illegal.

It's not Effective even in Chicago where Steve is and it's 1 in 20.

But hey look at the place names in the western USA.

80% start with Las, La, or Santa, Vista, Bueno etc.

We stole it from the Spanish and they stole it from the Indians.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 22-07-2013 at 07:41.