Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That\'s why 10+ million people paid them $60 or more each you dolt. If they are incapable of delivering a quality experience they should be called out on it.

Lanthanide
    \"Blizzard really has no excuse.\"

Yes, really, they do. Battle.net for D3 is free. It doesn\'t have advertising on it.

martmart
    Not sure why they have a network problem. Ain\'t nobody playing the damn game anyway, to burn anything out.

It doesn\'t matter if you play the game straight up on BNET your gaming experience will be effected by SOMETHING sooner or later.

I actually like diablo 3, I just do not like getting punished by other peoples actions over and over again. This is what happens when I am put into the same boat as so many others. It was worth it for a while but now it just grinds on a person.

I gave away my gear and deleted all my characters, I am going single player console. When I did this in daiblo 2 LOD my gaming experience quality went way up and I played the game for many more years than I would have ever though possible.

When the PS4 gets here its goodbye:

1. Server outages and downtimes
    2. Gold bots wrecking the Economy
    3. Using an authenticator to avoid having my gear stripped within 24 hours of not using one.
    4. AH house fiasco\'s and hacks.
    5. The RMAH and the gold AH
    6. Disconnects and Lag
    7. Exploits and cheats in game (Like the XP hack with brawling and the deaths in HC due to monsters in town on act 1)
    8. Playing with Credit card warriors and level 100 paragons that bought their levels from a leveling service.
    9. Poor performance
    10. Characters that I do not own or can never back up and save properly.
    11. Servers that will not run forever.

The only thing that even remotely cancels this out partially to some degree is playing with close friends in a group. Other than that Offline wins every time.

IncGamers Member
    When you force people to play online you should really put in all effort to keep that service online...

Menlyn
    As someone said, the 6 hour weekly maintenance relates into more than 97% uptime, which while not ideal is more than acceptable. However, this is not the only downtime, there are outages all the time. This week alone, there have been 3 or 4...which would put the uptime at much lower than 97%

The other point raised, is about \"when\" the maintenance occurs. As a player from Asia (which, let me remind you, is considered part of the Americas region for B.Net purposes...and timezone wise similar to Aus/NZ also part of Americas) the weekly maintenance happens every Tuesday during primetime. My game will go down for 6 hours starting at 7pm. So, for a working adult, ignoring any other issues, I\'ve already lost 1 day due to maintenance, meaning my uptime is only at 86%. Once you start taking hours out of that, it becomes rather pitiful.

The surprising thing is, as a player with 100s of D2 hours in, I never recall any comparable downtime. Considering D3 has a constant income stream (rmah) one would hope for the same, if not better.

Chris
    This is only really an issue because there\'s no offline mode.
    But almost 100% up time is impossible without doubling your infrastructure and who\'s going to pay for that? They don\'t do it for WoW which continues to bring in a hell of a lot more money, so how is it that we can expect it for D3? Such a big expense for so little gain?
    But anyway, at least it gives you a taste of what us Australians have to deal with every week; just as I put my kid to bed and have free time, maintenance starts.

IncGamers Member
    So... you also have no suggestions besides complaining, then?

BattleTag Ignatius-1870
    haha damn

BattleTag Ignatius-1870
    This game is going to be in \"maintenance\" until November at least!