Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Winner
    I lost 3 characters in Hell. 54, 57 and yes 59.5 ...

No DC. Just me getting to excited to go to 60 and all that gear.

Some hints: I mostly played self found and stocked older good gear. This is an excellent way to play, but it no longer works in late Hell. You needs lots of resistence and life regen. And you can\'t find that in early 50\'s.

The article was spot on: until Hell only dps counts (and exp gear if course), while in Hell it becomes a defensive race.

The most dangerous place in my view is early Act 3. Great boost to experience ... As long as you don\'t meet multiple Elites. This combined with the fact you are so close to 60, makes the game very risky even with 500k res and 40k life.

One waller and one beamer on too small stairs and you\'ll be dead in about 3 seconds ... With 50\'er gear.

Once you are 60 your first task is to get to 600 res, 30 kdps and life generation and you\'ll be fine in Act1-2 Inferno. Armor and and Res should go to 70% damage reduction with classes like Monks or Barbarian.

It is a relief to find a constructive and good post without attracting the usual hate trolls. Curious these hate guys don\'t show up in game play articles. Logical.

Winner
    \"Should have been fixed ?\"

I think it was intended. The first time players of every class simply want to have a blast by upping dps...

When they arrive in Hell suddenly other factors play a role.

I am sure it works as intended.

BattleTag Grisu-2156
    It\'s one of the reasons I switched back from HC only (and selffound only) to SC/HC again (still selffound though) - I met packs and bosses, where I couldn\'t have foreseen the spike in damage dealt or dps needed and where there was no way for me to get out. Now I\'m trying to explore the difficulty spikes in SC to prevent other unavoidable HC deaths.

I was breezing through Hell Act II even with mediocre - if not outright bad - gear and 25k life, but Belial one-shot me with his lightning strike because I had no FRW and couldn\'t get away fast enough... :P

Curious, how difficult Inferno will turn out to be...

Belial can still happily one shot you on Inferno, but with better gear you can get above the dps curve pretty well and kill him before he had time to prove too dangerous. I recently did him with a new hc monk at about P25 with around 65k dps and was shocked how quickly he died. Before he even got to the all out green screen attack wave, which I was a bit worried about, going in.

Thortok2000
    I\'m trying to get into hardcore. I\'m broke, starting from pretty much scratch, and have no level 60\'s to carry me or anything.

I recently did an experiment involving skills where, except for passives, I picked skills as they were unlocked by leveling, forcing myself to use those skills until a new skill came out.

I also constantly buy gear from the AH to try to be as strong as I can afford to be. When I\'m buying pieces for no more than 50k each, though, I don\'t really have exceptional gear. Sometimes I get lucky and find something good that\'s priced low, but nothing really awesome.

My Witch Doctor died at level 49 to Nightmare Diablo. The shadow witch doctor did zombie bears (which I didn\'t even have yet) and almost oneshot me, and I couldn\'t run away from diablo long enough to potion. My gear felt weak and I was worried going in that I wouldn\'t make it, but the amount of damage those zombie bears did to me was ridiculous.

My Monk died at 50. Although she had completed Nightmare and killed Diablo once at 49, she was running it again to get to level 50 to enter Hell difficulty. Although she dinged, I was going to kill Diablo again just because. A group of mallet lords with a fast mod on them smacked her around real quick. There was no chance or time to run away.

My Demon Hunter died at 53. This was to champion spiderlings in Hell difficulty, Caverns of Araneae. I think it was one of those frozen + desecrator combo where you\'re stuck standing in damage and can\'t even potion, much less move, and you die before you can do anything. At that particular level she didn\'t have a CC breaker either (cause of my skill experiment.)

My Wizard died at 55, to a Lacuni Stalker pack in Desolate Sands Hell. Three player game with 2 afk\'s, mostly died because I got surrounded and couldn\'t get out and had no help. Survival gear was a little on the weak side and I was doing a lot of kiting since the other two players weren\'t helping. When I got swarmed and surrounded, that was it.

My Barbarian was the only character to make it to 60, paragon level 1 even, but then died to an Arcane Sentry. I can\'t remember but I\'m pretty sure some form of CC or waller was involved as well. I think it was in Inferno but I\'m not sure. But again, being poor, I really felt like my gear was not up to par.

I\'m starting over, one of each class again, but this time I\'m going with the most popular skills, using a site that shows statistics on how many people use each rune/skill. I feel more confident about surviving, but my gear is even weaker than before, although when I get to the upper 30\'s and higher I\'ve got some leftover gear I hadn\'t auctioned yet from my previous attempt.

My goal is to beat inferno on hardcore with one of every character class.

irrelevant
    Since these are all personal stories and recollections and thus not necessarily true for the majority of players maybe the complaints are not valid. But if they are, and Hell is indeed more dangerous for a character than Inferno, how in the name of F*** can you say it\'s working as intended?

Please keep my first sentence in mind but if these complaints are true it is yet another great fail by the game designers. Because difficulty should always move in one direction as you progress through the >difficulties< (hence the name lol) of the game. And that direction is \'up\'. Sure, when you are in Inferno and gather gear and experience the game will get easier again. But prior to that point this should not happen.

IncGamers Member
    Ugh...just lost a my HC Barb about 30 seconds after dinging 60. Stupid Arcane/Plague/Frozen in Act 4. WotB was sadly on cooldown.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165
    Good article! I had to level a new monk as I killed my very nice one :(

I *did* buy new equipment every 2 levels between 50 and 60, I thought it was better to spend 2 million and stay alife then to do it all over again.I solo\'d about 50% of 50-60, rest was powerlevel which is far less dangerous and cumbersome.

Powerlevelling has it\'s own risks though, exploding green goblins *cough*, fireballs in crater *couch*, fire grates *cogch cough*

BattleTag Grisu-2156
    Yeah, I think the DPS is really what\'s crippling if you play without the AH...no way to acquire insane lowered requirement items...my dps is 4k in Act III hell Guess I have to do some grinding first before entering Inferno...I\'m curious if tournaments like the SPF does in D2 could work at all in D3 (most of the time meaning: single pass, self-found HC). Have to wait till I get to Inferno to get an answer to that, I guess

i have death with barb on level 59 50 % from lvl 60. rushing through the act 3 until rushed into 2 elite frozen packs. she will survived if i got wotb skilled