Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was talking about OFFLINE play. I don\'t have to deal with any of the battle net problems that come with that system.

play at my own pace with my own personal economy.

Winner
    Laughs here.

Real fans of D3 will be crawling back to the protected D3 -on line only- play in NO time.

You know what I think ?

Blizzard didn\'t care about data protection on consoles: it is as if they WANT to say \" look whiners ... You wanted off line modes ... Here ... Have it / shrug

... And suddenly all those whiners will see why Blizzard included on line only ...on PC\'s.

And don\'t even dare discussing it.

Only buy D3 on consoles when you want to play on the couch with your friends or wife but it will be completely meaningless otherwise. No support in armory etc...or internet support unless to boost your avatars to ridiculous levels. + 3 million dps anyone ?

The only person who would ever use the word \"Protected\" and Diablo 3 on the PC in the same sentence is a person who just crawled out from under a rock.

Chris
    Diablo 2 had open battle.net and closed battle.net, in terms of economy and cheating it\'s pretty much the same thing here with console and PC version of D3. There\'s nothing really to add. I\'ll be getting the xbox version to play with friends and that\'s about it. One thing that I\'m actually looking forward to is finally some lag free D3 action.

One thing that I\'m a little concerned about is a wave of hacks as a result of people getting a hold of the multiplayer code on the console discs which will need to be included. One of the justifications for the current design was the difficulty of finding vulnerabilities when the server code is hidden away from our prying eyes. Item dupes, bots, a hole bunch of vulnerabilities will become easier to find with the Blizzard code in front of you. As a side note, we will also see cracked versions of the PC game that actually play like the real game based on the console code.

If by meaningless you mean playing D3 free from Gold bots, AH fiasco\'s, Players using bugs and exploits to get ahead of others, Realms going down, Deaths in HC due to DC\'s, and massive inflation in a economy then yes I agree.

Winner
    And that\'s the worst part. The open source code for consoles will even result in eternal cracked PC play in a not so distant future.

That\'s right there back to square 1. Playing Pac Man in your lone basement without any other reference but the other solo basement dweller.

I think we passed this point almost 20 years ago, ever since I played Close Combat1 against human opponents in a wargame competition.

Blizzard showed the middle finger to the off line whiners and the end result will simply be that everyone will be disgusted, like always. That\'s your work internet whiners.

Winner
    I\'ll take ANY of that to counter a + 3 million dps hack you get by pushing one button on a website.

Server only is only way to go. Otherwise your play is total meaningless. Better to play boardgames then.

The player doesn\'t have to push that \"Win\" button and cheat, ITS A CHOICE.

Most offline console players will be perfectly happy to play legit and straight up. What part of that don\'t you UNDERSTAND?

You can have the gold botters, AH glitches, DC\'s, server outages and down-times and exploits. All the things that obviously don\'t exist in your copy of D3 for PC.

The most secure gaming experience is offline so keep dreaming.

Oh there\'s \"cracks\" for sure....please stop snorting it.

Go back to your BNET forums troll.

FacelessOne
    Bollcks, waiting for some fresh info about D3.