Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Why would anyone use frenzy over whirlwind?

Quote Originally Posted by onderduiker View Post
    I think he meant the difference between +% Damage and Attack Rating of the two skills becomes less significant as other sources are added.
    I think so too, but those aren't points in favor of WW, merely mitigating factors that make two advantages of Frenzy less pronounced. The attack rate, which the post I was quoting didn't mention, but which you did mention, is an advantage of Whirlwind.

Guys, my point was that with a decked titan build a ww barb would have around 2000 ED. While Frenzy around 2500. Meanwhile frenzy would hit enemies at 5 FPA while a dual wielding WW would hit effectively at 2-3 fpa depending on whirl length. so at the high end of gear spectrum the ww outperforms frenzy.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zrk View Post
    Guys, my point was that with a decked titan build a ww barb would have around 2000 ED. While Frenzy around 2500. Meanwhile frenzy would hit enemies at 5 FPA while a dual wielding WW would hit effectively at 2-3 fpa depending on whirl length. so at the high end of gear spectrum the ww outperforms frenzy.
    I'm repeating myself, but WW has reliability issues. If I thought it actually outperformed Frenzy in all areas of the game, I'd use it over Frenzy all the time. Sometimes monsters pass right through WW unscathed, even when I have a 95% chance to hit them. Some of those potential strikes at 2 or 3 FPA are wasted on thin air as WW passes by monsters. Frenzy has reliable single-target damage.