Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Prevent monster heal on bosses

I've noticed that 'prevent monster heal' mod on merc weapons 'Infinity' and 'BOTD' don't seem to actually be working. The monsters just regenerate all their hitpoints and can be very difficult to kill.

I thought PMH doesn't work on act bosses and ubers, is it the same for normal bosses as well? Any work around?

IncGamers Member

Re: Prevent monster heal on bosses

Prevent Monster Heal can only be applied by a player. Otherwise, the only units to which it doesn't apply are the uber bosses of the Pandemonium Event (Lilith, Duriel, Izual, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal). Act bosses and Super Unique monsters don't regenerate (although they may reset if you leave the area for long enough), although the Diablo clone of the World Event does.

IncGamers Member

Ahh.. that's lame.

How long does the PMH buff apply? Call to arms has a Mal in it, so theoretically I could switch and hit the boss a couple of times in melee though it's probably going to be slow but conviction aura will atleast decrease the defense.

IncGamers Member

Apparently Prevent Monster Heal stops damage regeneration for 80 minutes. It gets applied whenever the target's life value changes, either due to damage or regeneration.