Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BattleTag Fame-2662

Re: Hardcore OT lounge - Frankenstein's Deli

Damn the beta of FF XIV - A Realm Reborn :( Got so hooked last weekend when it was on and now I'm longing for more. 7 weeks for release still, 1-3 beta tests to go.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

That's a good reason not to play betas!

D3 is one of the only betas I've played, except PoE, which doesn't really count.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

I live in South Africa, known for the Big 5, Apartheid, Nelson Mandela, and excessive violence. The big 5 we have, apartheid is part of our history and we have grown miraculously from that awful regime, Nelson Mandela is not particularly well at the moment although we all hope he will pull through, and the violence is not awesome but is certainly exaggerated in foreign media.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Anyone been to South Africa?

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Yes, it's a beautiful country!

Was 8-9 yrs ago, landed in Pretoria (=Netherlands with good weather), gamepark Pilanesberg, then Johannisburg, towards Durban and south along the coast to Port st. John I believe. All in backpacking hostels, really nice ones in the middle of nature.

Did my first horse back riding there, jumped of a 18m cliff inbetween and also did some wave boarding (with the sharks hehe, unprotected beach), tons of fun, I was young back then ;-) I remember we went to a deserted beach, we had to wade through a river which was shallow. After enjoying the day it got a bit dark so we went back, only the flood had made the river 2x as wide and deep... Could just about walk with water to my neck and backpack on my head, but was pretty scared about crocs and sharks which both lived there... Was quite relieved when I got out of the water :-) Amazing holiday and can definately recommend SA to everyone. Only downside was I didn;t see everything: Kaapstad, wine areas, DRakensbergen, Swaziland, Kruger park etc, etc it's sooo big.

I met quite a few world travelers who really listed SA #1, even above Australia. Ofcourse there a issues like violence (which I didn't notice but a friend of mine got robbed in Kaapstad, it's mainly the big towns which are affected I believe) and AIDS which is also a big problem for the population.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

Hey Grishok, I am surprised you've been to SA and very happy you had such a good experience. For all the bad points that usually make it to foreign media, South Africa is an amazingly beautiful country and we have so much to offer. The backpacking options are great, especially in the cape and the midlands. I hope one day you can make it to the winelands, totally worth it.