Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mobeus
    I agree, Diablo 2 made it so the town was a safe point, you couldn\'t attack at all in town, but no monsters would walk past that barrier, once you stepped over that line, they turned and went back to what they were doing. D3 just added that zone barrier from Tristram to the next zone, but still left the road to the Cathedral free to do this.

I really see Blizzard as incompetent now. Yeah, players will find ways around most stuff, but it seems like even the obvious things that they should have fixed pre-launch (identify all, skipping cut scenes, warping from act to act via way points) they don\'t even try to implement until the forums have told them 10,000 times.

UQRAX
    Funny how the logic changes depending on what side the site author is on.

Account hacked by a hacker --> player\'s fault, buy a 10 euro authenticator, no excuse.
    Get killed in a creative way by a troll --> PERMABAN THAT ******* TROLL NOW OMG

Kudos to the guy who found this. He wouldn\'t and shouldn\'t be banned over valid use of current game mechanics. Too bad some hardcore characters died, as with any hardcore death. You can either grieve and move on (maybe wait for the inevitable patch), or go back to softcore safety.

I\'m actually kind of surprised that it took people this long to figure that method out. I don\'t PK, never have, never will, it\'s just not something I can imagine enjoying. But honestly, for those who are hell bent on it... Shouldn\'t you feel pretty stupid for not figuring out to just use the other entrance? It took you guys a year to come up with that ingenious tactic? Essentially, just drag them in the backdoor. Seriously? I guess that speaks volumes about the intellect of those who do this kind of thing.

IMO the only time that PvP is any fun is when it\'s fully consensual. Even then, it gets old pretty quick. This kind of nonsense is the equivalent of sucker punching someone who just woke up. Just f*** off already. Maybe you can learn to play with others once you\'re old enough to grow hair somewhere other than your head.

By the way, this is at least the 10th time I\'ve seen xSituationx (see screenshot) mentioned in connection with cheap PK stunts in the past week. I have no idea who the guy is, but I\'m going to go out on a limb and say it might be a good idea to avoid the little douchebag.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870
    The guy is terrible, no doubt, and I hate to say it because it\'s almost become too easy to blame Blizz these days, but seriously Blizz should have hot fixed this at the first sign of trouble. Hell, give the guards aggro and make them do 10billion damage to monsters. Boom done. Then again, that\'s a lot to ask from the glacial pace these devs work at.

IncGamers Member
    It\'s pretty ridiculous he got banned for that. No fun allowed.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870
    I don\'t see how this is fun, but then again, I\'m not a sociopath.

Yes, funny how two completely different things work completely differently.

Also, \"valid use of current game mechanics\" my arse - what\'s valid and what isn\'t is not up to the player (you) to decide, but those who designed the game mechanics in question (Blizzard). There is no room for creative interpretation; it\'s their game and their rules, and an oversight that goes directly against the spirit of the cooperative aspect of the game is validated by its existence. You don\'t have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out, so I sincerely hope they permabanned the grieving **** in question.

edit: is *not* validated by its existence. Missing edit button and all that.

IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Hardcore Warning: Tristram Is Deadly Again

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestructor View Post
    I don\'t see how this is fun, but then again, I\'m not a sociopath.
    Killing players in a video game is sociopathic? I thought it was called hardcore, not carebear.

Maybe Blizzard should ban itself.

BattleTag KornKills-1468
    The only thing that needs to happen is fix the towns so that monsters can not be camped where you spawn in. No bans, no nothing, just let it go. Who accepts a random invite from a random person anyways? I saw a video of these guys just going through recently played with list begging people to join. Where is the common sense? You are playing hardcore, your guard should be up at all times.