Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does anyone know the difference between always having to use your authenticator to log in and only using it once a week? Is the latter alternative less secure in any way?

If you\'re old school, you can also just write them down on a piece of paper. The people looking to steal your passwords aren\'t able to break into your house, and those who are able to break into your house won\'t be looking for your passwords anyway.

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator Mad Mantis's Avatar
    Did Blizz ever bother to make the passwords case sensitive or are they still committed to making sure the authenticator is the only way to have a safe means of logging in.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Basel3-2612
    Nice reference.
    The phone authenticator is nice. If you have a webphone of any kind, why not use it ?

IncGamers Member
    Here is a response to the comic you linked, it is a quote from the article

\"Other times, they combine words from one big dictionary with words from a smaller one. Steube was able to crack \"momof3g8kids\" because he had \"momof3g\" in his 111 million dict and \"8kids\" in a smaller dict.

\"The combinator attack got it! It\'s cool,\" he said. Then referring to the oft-cited xkcd comic, he added: \"This is an answer to the batteryhorsestaple thing.\"\"

In other words complexity also matters.

Winner
    Case sensitive is not a problem for the internet. It add zero to the anti hacking tools. It is only annoying for the internet customer.

Too lazy to expain it further.

IncGamers Member
    Sure I\'ve got an excuse, I want to lose my account so I\'ll never be tempted to play any Blizzard online game again.

Gargos
    Imho the Authenticator is the most secure thing I used in all my online games. I\'m very happy with it.

Banned
    The option to only have it prompt you for a code once a week is fine for the most part...
    It also requests the auth code every time your IP address changes, so unless some hacker has stolen your password and is also spoofing your IP (not sure if it\'s possible) he still wouldn\'t be able to access your account.
    I tried the standard option of auth code every login, but it drove me nuts after a few days and I went back to the second option.
    Very happy with the smartphone authenticator, it even has a handy widget so you don\'t have to open the app every time.

Cool, thanks - I have the phone authenticator as well and it\'s quite a hassle for the reason you mentioned. I\'ll give the weekly prompt a try, from the sound of it it\'s almost like SteamGuard and I\'ve never had any issues with that.