Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I envy your life if you call that a tough decision. And there are other game developers you know.

anon
    How naive can people get? IT IS DRM. Plain and simple. Always has been its primary purpose no matter how Blizzard tried to dress it. And no offline mode would not magically fix the game\'s problems.

I\'m all for a full reworking of item affixes and character attributes, but what\'s that got to do with the Auction House?

Even if (when?) they redo the item affixes, and it\'s an improvement, I wouldn\'t want to go back to WUGing chat spam for trading. I\'m open to changes in the AH, and I think the idea of items losing quality when sold, and/or boosting quality if not sold, has a lot of potential. But the basic function is awesomely convenient and adds a large dimension to the item-game. It just shouldn\'t be mandatory to succeed in Inferno, and too many players now feel that it is, in D3.

And personally I hated it more then anything else in the game. WUG games and chat trades were just awful... AH is a blessing, especially for hardcore where I spend my time.

Also, good luck completing any heavily item dependent build without using the AH. Without the AH, the build diversity will just diminish to a few builds per class that are playable with decent items without key stats like crit chance or attack speed.

Found one SoJ, one Tal amu, no rune higher then Vex, one Windforce etc during 5 years of 100% legit play on Hardcore. All those rune words were a joke to legit players, absolute minimal chance to get the runes for the highest rune words in a legit way.

Except Titan just got scrapped/started over. They \"say\" 2016, but Blizzard be Blizzard...

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/blizzard-delays-unannounced-mmo-until-2016-resets-whole-project-exclusive/

(optimistically, they\'re shuffling folks around, so there might be a few extra artists to work on dyes for Legendaries)

Enkeria
    I think its the other way around.. A ARPG game with a bonus feature you can ignore to use: AH. Those of you who are more on the AH then playing the actual game need to play other games.

postilore
    looooool , you guy\'s still nagging about always online and AH.

GROW UP !!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Boglav-2570
    I believe the AH works better on a healthy(er) economy such as the Hardcore one, where there is an active mechanic to flush good items out of the system (D/C ;P).
    What might be a solution is to enforce this mechanic. While item degradation upon transfer might sound like a sound idea (albeit funky to implement) I\'d rather have Blizz go for a more radical solution, Bind on equip.
    This way items (especially good items) would be flushed constantly from the economy, even though it will drive prices crazy for good gear.
    Of course we\'ll need a gold sink mechanic too. I\'d believe the most viable would be through death penalties. And I\'m not talking here about repair costs. But a hefty gold% cut for each death. Putting stupid prices (such as the 5m fee for marquise removal) don\'t help too much because most often than not don\'t affect the economy.
    I\'m not a communist but a death penalty as % of the total wealth would be a good mechanic to flush a lot of gold from the system. And before I\'m bashed to death by millionaires, we have such a system IRL, in Finland where driving fines are calculated according to the income of the offender: http://www.trafficfines.eu/english/finland-speeding.php

Banned

Re: Diablo 3 Expansion Changes to AH and Always-Online?

People are talking about itemization problems in terms of affixes. It's a folly. You see, D3 is designed using MMO itemization patterns. It's INTENDED that you will stack main stat, dmg, armor, cc, cd, vita and all res. This is the way in WoW. They will NEVER change it so that you will be able to chose from hundreds of meaningful affixes.