Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    steveman0
    The problem has nothing to do with how hard it is to get the gear or even how you go about doing it. The problem is that the gear itself isn\'t fun. It isn\'t rewarding in its own right. It isn\'t exciting and by extension the game itself isn\'t exciting because loot is the primary reward mechanism. Without this the game falls flat which is exactly the situation we are in.

What needs to happen is that itemization needs to be fixed. Affixes and gear choices need to be fun again. I don\'t enjoy chasing items because it has 7 more int than the last piece. That isn\'t fun, it isn\'t awesome. It is the definition of boring.

IncGamers Member
    As for the Auction House, like most players today, I feel like it’s essential for my characters to progress,

Did you not listen to the Travis Day interview where he discusses WHY this is a problem??? He actually goes over this exact issue and says ITS BAD that players need to progress by using the Auction House, if the Auction House wasn\'t here in the first place, the item drop rates would adjust so that you can progress by just killing monsters like you should! How does that go over your head?

No AH on the consoles is a slick move by blizzard because all of us who don\'t have an IQ below 90 and understand why the AH is an issue will be tempted to buy the console version.

Honestly, Blizzard, GROW SOME BALLS and REMOVE the Auction House, stop worrying about a bunch of casuals that are satisfied with games like farmville and angry birds

IncGamers Member
    I understand why Blizzard added the AH, need for trading etc.. but I just feel like it did a lot more harm than good. Looking forward to the expansion.

IncGamers Member
    And if all you care about is getting all the best, coolest items in the game.....then it should take a really damn long time or else the game gets dull in a few months instead of a few y ears.

keith
    We\'re going to have a tough decision in 2016, buy the soon to be released D3X or whatever Titan turns out to be.

IncGamers Member
    JUST the AH isn\'t a problem. The AH, with real money involved on the RMAH, and the lack of gold sinks to keep inflation down is the problem. People point to a symptom and label it the cause.

\"Add something that drops fairly often and gives you small boosts in power, whatever that may be.\"

That\'s exactly what runes did. They were an excellent addition to the game providing frequent rewards in small quantities with the promise of always building towards something big. Of course you had to play offline or self found only to actually appreciate them, far away from the messed up economy run by bots / dupes.

Even if there was a way to actually tell how many people downloaded your game illegally, the figure is rather meaningless. You can\'t just assume that is all lost revenue, only a fraction of those people would be willing to pay full retail price was there no other way for them to play.

There is no reason why Diablo 3 cannot have a healthy online option and a offline option.

The arguments about online only as security against, bots, hackers and anything else you can conjure up have been proven wrong countless times and to the great embarrassment of Blizzard. This recent gold fiasco is just the latest kick to the nuts.

I love playing my DH, and its cool to play in groups on Bnet (When I can), but for some reason with this online only stuff I just feel like a kid who has his toy taken away and is told to stand in the corner all because the kid across the room (the real hacks and cheats) was behaving badly.

Offline mode would ensure D3 lives on for years and years. It did it for D2 and it will for D3.

This is the one thing I will never let Blizzard off the hook for, not after thousands of hours of Diablo 2 over a period of ten years.

It is not confusing just flat out wrong. How can the AH make me jealous if I haven\'t opened it once? Why on Earth would I have a problem with not being able to ever find certain items? If I had everything that is possible to get in game that\'s when I would stop playing so why would I ever want that to happen?

Increasing drop rates would increase the reward feedback frequency which in fact would make the game more enjoyable. That\'s not an opinion that\'s basic psychology. Also you could give more credit to players seeing that pretty much every problem plaguing the game right now had been predicted well in advance. Whether we can or can not think through the consequences of these particular changes is irrelevant anyway because there is D2 as living proof.