Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    As opposed to not finding the items they seek and getting frustrated and quitting in less than months? Even after 1.08, I\'ve seen several people return then quit again in a matter of days, if not hours.

IncGamers Member
    \"I quite enjoy selling and reselling and flipping and get more excited by the “your item sold” pop up than most anything else during a play session.\"

If this is true for even a significant minority of people, I could hardly think of anything else that would more clearly scream D3\'s failures. (I\'m self-found so it\'s not true for me, thank goodness.)

Developers often throw out such figures, based on how many people are torrenting their titles, or connecting to online hubs where the devs can tell if a copy is legit or pirated.

http://idmaa.org/?post_type=journalarticle&p=695
    http://www.snackbar-games.com/news/90-of-world-of-goo-copies-are-pirated/
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/game-piracy-overestimated-claims-new-research-6408450

Such high figures are often disputed, and there\'s the whole argument that many people will try something out for free that they wouldn\'t have bought (hence a pirated copy doesn\'t necessarily equal a lost sale), but I have long been of the opinion that Bliz\'s main concern with the online-only D3 was as an anti-piracy effort.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/voices-rise-against-diablo-3s-always-online-drm

We\'ve got like 50 news items with the tag, so it\'s been a topic since it first was revealed in August 2011.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/category/news/controversy/online-only-d3

John
    A) I don\'t like the AH, but I prefer it over some sketchy third-party websites.
    B) The problem is not the AH, but jealousy. By means of the AH you can really see how much good loot is out there - which you don\'t have.
    C) The only way to \"solve\" the AH problem is, to make it more fun to play the game than the AH. Removing the AH doesn\'t make D3 more fun. Increasing drop rate just shifts the problem - there will always be a set of rare high end items which the ordinary player will never find.
    D) The notion of efficiency in D3 is ridiculous. People derive fun not from the game but from some kind of imposed meta-standard.

I\'m sorry. This rant is probably very confusing, but I would need a wall of text to make it clear - and you wouldn\'t read it then. So what\'s the point.

tl;dr \"D3 players\" do not think through what the consequences would be if their demands would be fulfilled.

John
    A) I don\'t like the AH, but I prefer it over some sketchy third-party websites.
    B) The problem is not the AH, but jealousy. By means of the AH you can really see how much good loot is out there - which you don\'t have.
    C) The only way to \\solve\\ the AH problem is, to make it more fun to play the game than the AH. Removing the AH doesn\'t make D3 more fun. Increasing drop rate just shifts the problem - there will always be a set of rare high end items which the ordinary player will never find.
    D) The notion of efficiency in D3 is ridiculous. People derive fun not from the game but from some kind of imposed meta-standard.

I\'m sorry. This rant is probably very confusing, but I would need a wall of text to make it clear - and you wouldn\'t read it then. So what\'s the point.

tl;dr \\D3 players\\ do not think through what the consequences would be if their demands would be fulfilled.

\"I hate the D3 AH, but I loved sketchy SoJ trading. 500 SoJs, yeah, that\'s a legit currency. No funny business there. I also liked sitting in trade chat and haggling for hours or days instead of actually killing monsters.\"

Listen to yourselves.

IncGamers Member
    \"As for the Auction House, like most players today, I feel like it’s essential for my characters to progress, and I quite enjoy selling and reselling and flipping and get more excited by the “your item sold” pop up than most anything else during a play session.\"

If this doesn\'t say \"fail at making an ARPG\" I don\'t know what does.

IncGamers Member
    There\'s almost no good/reliable data available regarding actual PC game piracy rates. He\'s probably basing the 90% figure on comments made by Ubisoft\'s CEO Yves Guillemot late last year. The company later redacted most of those comments, saying that the figure wasn\'t accurate and that piracy rates actually vary drastically based on geographical location (shocking!). The funny thing is that those comments were all made around the same time Ubisoft announced that it would be eliminating its always-on DRM policy for current and future titles.

I cant say better. Let just add: I pay to have fun finding loot grinding the game, not the AH.

piratnurf
    Just give us structured/laddered pvp

Remove the auction house and adjust loot drops accordingly

Wouldn\'t say no to some CoD zombie style events either