Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Economy: Inflation?

If the issue is to get brimstones to have a fair value, since they are linked to legendarys, a simple fix to create another brimstone sink is just require brimstones to repair legendarys and BOA items. As long as they dont make items break permanently if their durability is reduced to 0 this wont effect repair costs in the every-day, just once in awhile cause you could wait to repair those items.

IncGamers Member
    I am perfectly happy with the economy because I don\'t participate in it.

BattleTag IamJorge-2685
    So make monsters drop less gold? Or otherwise get more gold sinks to increase gold rarity maybe?

I dunno, i just play because i actually (still) enjoy the game

Brandon
    First, I want to say the Wikipedia criticisms of Austrian economics are funny since game theorists\' models tend to support the Austrian argument on taxation and government spending.

Anyway, your argument about why D3 is different than real life is not quite there. Finding an item is analogous to providing labor. And finding gold is just a way for money to enter the economy.

Really, the only significant difference I see between D3 and real life, as far as economics goes, is that most people don\'t provide a service in real life when the market for that service is already saturated. You hit on that by saying finding items was the point of the game, but you seemed more concerned that more stuff was being produced, which happens in real life too.

Basically, I\'m saying, in real life people only produce so they can trade for goods. In Diablo, people produce because it\'s fun. And that\'s why your supply is going up while demand is not.

Brandon
    First, I want to say the Wikipedia criticisms of Austrian economics are funny since game theorists\' models tend to support the Austrian argument on taxation and government spending.

Anyway, your argument about why D3 is different than real life is not quite there. Finding an item is analogous to providing labor. And finding gold is just a way for money to enter the economy.

Really, the only significant difference I see between D3 and real life, as far as economics goes, is that most people don\'t provide a service in real life when the market for that service is already saturated. You hit on that by saying finding items was the point of the game, but you seemed more concerned that more stuff was being produced, which happens in real life too.

Basically, I\'m saying, in real life people only produce so they can trade for goods. In Diablo, people produce because it\'s fun. And that\'s why your supply is going up while demand is not.

IncGamers Member
    This 1000+

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Basel3-2612
    Good read. Thanks.

IncGamers Member
    I feel your brimstone pain.

I was halfway out the door and about to quit when that big crafting patch notes were about to be announced. I was positive that brimstones would be used, speculated like many others that they would be the limiting factor in item crafts since they were saying brimstones needed more use and value.

Invested the 250 million I had saved for months, bought as many brimstones as I could at a price of about 25-30k gold each.

I was so sure Blizzard would put in a larger brimstone sink to get the over abundance of them out of the economy. I haven\'t played since. Not really because I lost my Witch Doctor\'s life savings in a bad investment, but this was one of the tipping points.

Took forever to save up 250 mil gold, this was earned by selling many many 500k - 1mil gold items. All the while watching my lucky RL friend win the lottery every other night and find a 50 - 100 million gold item every other night. He had earned over a billion in about half the hours played as it took me to save up my 250 million.

This is what made me throw in the towel. Win the item lottery to get your gold for an upgrade or you won\'t progress much. Only other option if you are an unlucky bastard is to use your credit card.

I just can\'t see being able to afford any upgrade for many months if I were to come back and play again.

biaxin32
    quillizers - <a href=\"http://www.stagecoachfestival.com/forum/group.php?gmid=632393&do=discuss\">side effects of biaxin</a> about can biaxin make you cough

biaxin33
    executed - <a href=\"http://biaxin.blog.com/2013/05/23/biaxin-xl-500mg-tablet/\">generic biaxin side effects worse</a> about biaxin fro multiple myeloma