Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Halloween

If I leave now and maintain at least a brisk walking/kayaking pace I should make it there by Halloween. I'm gonna be really pissed if I go all that way to find you celebrating Halloween.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

I read your first post and just scrolled down. Can't believe Dredd has not posted in her. DAWN!! go ask Dredd! NOW! NOW1 NAOW!!1

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

double post because i need to get my spam post count up and I'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    heyyyyy it's a genuine holiday! a lot older than most holidays, in spirit anyway, since it is an amalgam of a few different ones
    thank you, Ash, for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Oh no! Someone killed Noodle!
    nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    I would have done the same exact thing and ran back to my car. Locked myself in. MAYBE drive away.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

My old roommate and I would have a house party and setup cardboard gravestones with a dry-ice fog-blower at the front entrance with a gauntlet of scares you had to run on the drive walkway into the house and the front hall.
    Nowadays a lot of people Setup a Flash camera at the best points and get reaction shots

Set them up to be downloaded and displayed inside party area, it adds a lot of fun after you go through.

BTW Diablo 1-2-3 background music is Appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    If I leave now and maintain at least a brisk walking/kayaking pace I should make it there by Halloween. I'm gonna be really pissed if I go all that way to find you celebrating Halloween.
    Good luck finding the address

Let me now what time you'll be here, I'll save some soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    I read your first post and just scrolled down. Can't believe Dredd has not posted in her. DAWN!! go ask Dredd! NOW! NOW1 NAOW!!1
    Does Dredd have some thing with Halloween? In any way, the title should be enough to lure him in ^^

My old roommate and I would have a house party and setup cardboard gravestones with a dry-ice fog-blower at the front entrance with a gauntlet of scares you had to run on the drive walkway into the house and the front hall.
    Nowadays a lot of people Setup a Flash camera at the best points and get reaction shots

Set them up to be downloaded and displayed inside party area, it adds a lot of fun after you go through.

BTW Diablo 1-2-3 background music is Appropriate.
    Sounds very very nice, but dry ice / fod blower / flash camera + setup also sounds like a bundle of expenses though.

I DO like the idea of using Diablo music, I'm kicking my head for not thinking about that sooner, it certainly would have added a little extra to the already nice atmosphere's I've created over the years

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Well my buddy was a Bass player in a band that played clubs in LA all the time so we had access to the equipment for free, but dry-ice is pretty cheep and you can use it with a pan of water and a fan in a semi enclosed area to contain it. A cell phone with a flash camera and a wireless connection and a computer that can display on the TV is pretty common now.

In any case you can do it cheep with some planning and thought or expensive. (or not at all)

Just depends.

Well my buddy was a Bass player in a band that played clubs in LA all the time so we had access to the equipment for free, but dry-ice is pretty cheep and you can use it with a pan of water and a fan in a semi enclosed area to contain it. A cell phone with a flash camera and a wireless connection and a computer that can display on the TV is pretty common now.

In any case you can do it cheep with some planning and thought or expensive. (or not at all)

Just depends.
    I know, but the minor problems make it rather complex or expensive for me to get those things:

I've searched high and low for dry-ice, you can't seem to buy it anywhere, you can order it online though, but have to pay with VISA (which I don't have and don't want to start with) and it seems rather expensive.

As far as the cellphone with a flash camera, they're rather expensive, in the order of 5 to 7 times the cost of my current one.
    And then, the computer which can display on TV, I've had a lot of computers, but none of them was capable of that, it requires an extra card that doesn't come in the standard package, the computer that have it are roughly 2-4 times as expensive as my current one.

They're all great ideas, but I tend to go with a bare minimum of shopping when I make/invent stuff.
    (and I do 2-3 years with a phone, and 5-7 years with a computer, so I don't buy new ones very often)

I'm a hard customer, I know

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Really Strange I can get it lots of places but I'm not in Belgium
    Try this?
    http://www.dryicedirectory.com/countries/belgium.htm

a lot of the machines use heat and fog juice and you can get rentals or hire they get used for leak detection and such as well but if it's not a option fake spider webs might do?

You do have cotton?

USB to TV sticks are Cheep over here.

Try a local ice cream shoppe for dry ice.

Really Strange I can get it lots of places but I'm not in Belgium
    Try this?
    http://www.dryicedirectory.com/countries/belgium.htm

a lot of the machines use heat and fog juice and you can get rentals or hire they get used for leak detection and such as well but if it's not a option fake spider webs might do?

You do have cotton?

USB to TV sticks are Cheep over here.
    Unfortunatelly I live on the exact other side of Belgium ^^ But cheers for the info!

I've seen those fog machines, but don't they require a socket for power? Which are not available in the woods, I could go buy gasoline and a small generator for 500 euros, but that kinda defies the cheap solution again

And I can put USB sticks, which I have, into my TV, I just misunderstood your idea.
    I thought you meant that the pictures/video's where streamed live to the television,
    but you're actually referring to showing them after, silly (stupid) me...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Try a local ice cream shoppe for dry ice.
    That might not be a bad idea, definetally have enough of those in the neighbourhood