Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Registering D2 CD key with Bnet account?

If I register my D2 and LOD keys with Battlenet will that key be locked to that account? Meaning I can no longer use that CD key or can I still use that key to install the game on as many PCs or accounts as I want?

Re: Registering D2 CD key with Bnet account?

Iirc the only restriction a key has is that it prevents other people from logging in while using an installed game that has the same key?

There are no restrictions....i use several different accounts with different account names with different pc's as far as i can tell none of them are restricted. However you can only use 1 cd key at a time from 1 pc (unless you sandboxxie it, or run it on a separate IP)

IncGamers Member

I think you have multiple accounts on one key. You can just can't play them at the same time..

For example: if my key was on pc 1 : 123-456-789 I can have 4 accounts, but I can't use pc 2 with that same key to log into another account at the same time.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfoumous View Post
    I think you have multiple accounts on one key. You can just can't play them at the same time..

For example: if my key was on pc 1 : 123-456-789 I can have 4 accounts, but I can't use pc 2 with that same key to log into another account at the same time.
    That is correct, only 1 CD key can be in use at one time. I used to have this problem with my kids when I had only one key, they would log in on my CD key and then I could not log in. So now I have 3 CD keys (one for each PC) and no problems.

IncGamers Member

If I were to play offline without logging into a Bnet account none of these rules apply right?

So if someone is using my key to play online I can still play offline?

that's right