Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1.08 Rapid Fire + Strafe Build [MP10]

I think if you're playing HC, I would suggest keeping a hatred generator until you are comfortable enough without one. I would definitely drop marked for death and substitute in smoke screen for HC. Strafe is primarily used for mobility and for mobs that are too dangerous to fight standing still. If you're not a fan of strafe, you can use vault instead to help keep your distance.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Asmodean-2822

Lost my HC DH at 52 to a waller/arcane/frost pack (2 simulteaneous deaths with the 53 wizard in my party...).
    But the build is very good I had a lot of fun!

IncGamers Member

This build is great for inferno-mp10, but I still got some problems, because of some lack in vitality and resistances.
    I have also a SoJ with only RF CC 5%, but 5% Bonus on Fire-DMG, which improves Bombardement from RF. Do you think, that is good or shall I switch to one with CC 7% but no Fire-DMG?
    Your CC is so high and you make so much damage, I believe, that if your gameplay is good enough, this build is even better than that of a WW Barb. If you suck at playing, you won't reach the strength of a barb. Do you agree with me?

I would also suggest, that you use Strafe with Drifting Shadow in some cases. F.e. Sokahr in Act 2 is such an annoying enemy without being able to use RF correctly. You'll maybe feel more comfortable running quicker with Strafe. In this way, Strafe would deal less DMG, but gets a huge dodge character. Just like Barbs use it. They don't put a DMG rune in their WW, they use the orcan for more speed.
    What do you think of it?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

The specific element (fire, cold, lightning, etc) on you soj doesn't matter. You'll get the same boost to your DPS from them all, so pick the higher cc one.

IncGamers Member

Thanks, you're right. Bombardement transforms all dmg into fire, so it really is unnecessary.

I've tested the Strafe with Drifting Shadow recently and I prefer it. Since RF is your Dmg-Dealer, you mainly use Strafe in order to get out of enemy aoe effects, such as the frozen orbs. Your Life Leech from Gloom suffers because of the switch from demolition to drifting shadow, but it's still sufficient. If it isn't, Gloom can be changed to Bloodmoon.
    It's also possible running through crowded dungeons with strafe, f.e. the bastion. Because there are enemys everywhere, you can keep refilling your hate with preparation and gain enough discipline through Nightstalker. SP keeps your Life at max.

The ultimate way getting through HC with never even have the fear of dying is a slightly changed variant of this build. Using RF with web shot, cull the weak and steady aim and the enemys won't even come near you. However, if they do, put caltrops and get space with vault. Never died with my second DH this way and almost feels boring playing with this build.
    Nevertheless, if you want to play at higher MPs, the Bombardement build should be copied.

Reflecting all classes, I'm definitely sure the Demonhunter is the best class in the game, because of one reason: No other class scales in terms of strength and survivability better from gameplay than a DH. Of course, gameplay is required for barbs, monks etc. too, but for the DH, you can get the best out of this class just with gameplay.
    Last edited by MantaRed; 08-08-2013 at 09:39.