Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Re: Anyone here has done psychodelic drugs?

I understand

Although I have to admit I have a very nice job at the moment
    (it won't last though)

Little work, nobody's asking me how I filled my day, semi-flexibel hours,
    I can take vacation or leave early whenever I want, I sit on my *** all day,
    I get quite a good pay for not having any diploma's, I have free internet access,
    virtually the only thing I'm missing is playing Diablo!

That having said, there are parts of my work that nobody knows or wants to do,
    so I am very usefull and highly desired

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Your job seems to be a lot like mine, although I cannot leave early because my presence is needed to fulfill service contracts. There was more work to do a few years ago, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    That having said, there are parts of my work that nobody knows or wants to do,
    so I am very usefull and highly desired
    That reminds me of a Dilbert comic in which some old guy was the only person who knew a certain important thing. He whispered it into Wally's ear during a meeting and then he died, leaving Wally in happiness and with an evil smile.

Edit: Found it more quickly than expected.

Last edited by krischan; 14-06-2013 at 14:57. Reason: Pic
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

I like the idea of putting things on hold. I just don't use alcohol with 'm. I ignored my legs problems for many years. Worked quite well too. Didn't want to face it, knowing what was to come. Sadly I had to go to a clinic for a minor issue and they spotted it and it was game on. Bah.
    I like to deal with things in my own time.

I'm guessing you can only putting things on hold for so long, or the things themselves break the hold. It's just aswell I never did drugs. I'd be in a worse state now, now that I'm facing emotions on top of the physical issues. I've never numbed anything, but sadly it means a lot of my life is pretty raw.

And thanks Dawnmaster. I don't expect anyone to hand me the drug that ends it all, but lately I often feel it's not worth going on.

Turns out I was wrong. the can does say 100 Calories, but that's only for an 8 ounce serving. the can is 16 ounces.

@Vi:

Ignoring problems tend to work well for a while, but then "karma" comes and bites you in the ...

But you'll always have us here!

Yes, and energy drinks... I used to start my mornings with red bull. Then moved to euro shopper. Monster is poison, I tasted it once. Then realized what is in those cans and stopped. Now only with Jägermeister though after one drink I prefer to finish it raw. Last summer, at least, kids not old enough for beer were getting high on energy drinks here, 10 x 0.5L cans.

@Vi:

Ignoring problems tend to work well for a while, but then "karma" comes and bites you in the ...

But you'll always have us here!
    Ta! But sometimes, you have to store it away. I mean, sometimes things are too heavy to deal with at the time when the emotions are stil there to their full extend. Sometimes it's better to store some of it away and then take it bit by bit.

It's like - whenever students are really awful to me, I can't go and sit and cry behind the desk now can I? I'll postphone that for later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Ta! But sometimes, you have to store it away. I mean, sometimes things are too heavy to deal with at the time when the emotions are stil there to their full extend. Sometimes it's better to store some of it away and then take it bit by bit.

It's like - whenever students are really awful to me, I can't go and sit and cry behind the desk now can I? I'll postphone that for later in the day.
    I haven't been a teacher long enough (in the old days) to experience awfull students, but I did hear stories about some...
    Now, my niece is an uncontrollable brat, but I don't even want to imagine 20 of her in a little closed room...
    Sometimes watching other people's children makes me scared what my own will grow into...

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I haven't been a teacher long enough (in the old days) to experience awfull students, but I did hear stories about some...
    Now, my niece is an uncontrollable brat, but I don't even want to imagine 20 of her in a little closed room...
    Sometimes watching other people's children makes me scared what my own will grow into...
    Don't let it scare you, let it inspire you to be a better parent!

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Don't let it scare you, let it inspire you to be a better parent!
    I'm certainly going to do my best! But only time will tell if I did a good job ^^

(I actually thought I was posting in my "mansion" thread now, way to go offtopic )

So, to get back on topic:

How do some people become addicted to "substances"? http://wumo.com/2012/09/18
    How do some people abuse "substances"? http://wumo.com/2011/05/18
    Why do people drink? http://wumo.com/2010/10/23
    etcetc...