Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Re: Amazon build - need help

Mana is not really a problem later on, especially with some mana lech on items. Get about 15% or 20% total mana leech and what you'll be able to do is use Strafe to gain mana then use Freezing arrow to freeze or slow the next pack, then use strafe again to kill them off. You don't really need to use FA all the time. It will suck your mana dry so you need a physical damage type to regain mana again.

Get a few cold damage charms. We do not use them for the extra damage, although every little bit helps. What they are used for is to lengthen the freeze time.

Let us know how it goes.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

a few strafes and you should have a full blue bulb if you have a high damage bow and a little leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    It actually is a percentage. You'd think they'd put the "%" sign in there, right?
    Yes, one would think that
    However, thanx for the info. I'm leveling her now in NM and it's qutie nice to play in a differenty style. It will be even nicer once I get the mana leech and all res problems in order

I prefer insight on merc for constant mana regen, and only switch out for mana leech (windeh) against CI bosses or when my mana actually runs dry. My character is geared like a strafer so I'm not even using soj or frostburn or anything but I do fine most of the time (AT runs)

Well, I'm closing to level 60 and I must say I really love it! Resistances are not such a problem as I thought at first, mana leech works quite nice.
    I've been thinking about trying to craft some gloves (with my L93 paladin) to clean my mules of low runes and pgems... What type of crafted gloves would you reccomend? (Hitpower, Blood...?) Does it really matter?

p.s. some time ago I found perfect cold facet. Finally; this is a build I'll gladly use it on (but on what item I do not know yet)

IncGamers Member

Blood is probably your best bet. You probably don't have a lot of sources of crushing blow, and every little bit helps kill big monsters that much faster. The knockback from Hitpower isn't bad, but you don't really need it. Either recipe would work (although it might take a lot of tries to get something really good).

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Check this out for glove crafting

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...Crafting-Guide

Wow, that helps a lot. I've always thought the higher the clvl the better ... Oh, well, one of the charms of D2 is that I always learn something new

I've been doing some thinking and reading about different approahes and I'm wondering if Lycander's Aim is worth uppgrading? Min dmg is thus lower and max higher, but avarage dmg is basicly the same.
    I am asking because I have a feeling that I will be stuck with that bow for some time - until a Jah comes my way. And a decent GMB/MB.

All in all I really like my frost amazon. Puting a 5/-5 facet in a 15+ Nightwing I recently found really pays off, at least it seems so. Need to play a bit more. On N & NM at p8 she has not died even once, though killing diablo took a LOT of time. I plan to finish NM this weekend. Resistances are a disaser, though.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Can you get yourself a Witchwild String bow? I would look for that rather than upping the Lycanders. IIRC, it will upgrade to Grand Matron Bow (108str/152dex). If those requirements are too high for you then look for options. The upgrade will cost you Pul rune and for that you might be able to get a low Windforce or a Witchwild String.