Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Amazon build - need help

Uh, I'm not really sure you would be able to get a WF for a pul on SP, but who knows, there probably are people willing to hand one out. Check out the SP trade forum and create a trade profile if you want to go that route. WWS I could even throw one your way no problem though as they are pretty common.

I never up'd my lysander's on my FA/Strafer, I used lysander's with WWS on switch. Upping it doesn't really do that much for you as FA is directly reliant on +skills. My resistances were terrible and had to use smoke armor as a result (it was cheap yet effective for gaining 50 all res)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Yeah, I do have a Witchwild string (more than one, actually, gathering dust on mule), but apart from nice resistances bonus it doesn't seem to be working for me. No, str and dex for GMB are not a problem, neither is using a pul rune ... for something useful that is ... will think about it, but propably won't do it.
    Thanx for the offer, Pyro, but I don't trade. (But considering my frustrating attempts of getting an IK Soul Cage, it is possible that I some day will join trade forum.)

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

I got a WF for a Pul once. But it was a long time ago, and it was far from perfect.

Regarding WWS, the resists are nice, yes. But the amp damage is where it's at for WWS. With Strafe it goes off quite a lot. That's a nice damage bonus.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

I've been experimenting with different gear (mostly to bring resistancs form red) and found out that Lionheart works quite nice for this amazon. Also Laying of heands (yeah, still no luck with crafting (not that I thought otherwise, but one can always hope )). She died for the first time yesterday in tower level4 at l78. Don't really know what happened; it was over in cold second.
    I am now searching for a nice bow to make Harmony in, because on paper the runeword looks really nice and I would like to try it in action. My guess is that MB or GMB are ideal, but what about other elite bows? Diamond bow looks like a very nice combo bewteen min and max damage and speed (not that Harmony provides any IAS, but still).

IncGamers Member

Wow. Get know how...Thanks All.

To post a bit of an update and to open an icy dillema ...
    My amazon is now L84 and has reached Pindle, who I'll run for some time now on p3 or p5 when/if I'm comfortable with higher setting. I'm using Freezing arrow and Strafe. Passives are typical, I guess.
    I'm using Harmony (in a +3 MB) with an ok roll (really, really like the Vigor aura), no backup bow
    Other gear:
    +15cd Nightwing with -5/+5 cold facet,
    Lionheart,
    Highlords,
    blood gloves 20 fcr,
    safety boots,
    nosferatu coil,
    ravenforst (a 'perfect' one: 150 ar )
    rare ring with some res and mana leech.

Playing this character is super easy and super frustrating, depending on cold immunities. Whitch brings me to my dillema ... For a while I was most fascinated by Icemaiden build, and more specific: by Ice runeweod. I mean ... It's simply beautiful. Yes, I still have to find Jah rune, let us drop that for the moment ...
    My dillema is: is such a high rune worth investing in a very, very specific weapon, that - in the end - won't solve my characters main problem: facing cold immunities? More and more I'm thinking, the more the answer seems clear: No. I've come to a habbbit that I'm identifying every bow that drops, hoping for a nice backup either with good lightning (or fire) or pdamage. So far no real luck.
    Any thoughts?

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Without delving too deeply into breaking cold immunities, why not put your WWS on switch for the cold immunes? The amp damage will help to kill them a bit more quickly rather than plinking them using strafe without it. Remember too that FA will still damage them. The physical damage from your arrows will whittle them down too. Plus it will freeze the non cold immunes that are running with them.

Well, WWS was suggested before, but maybe I didn't test it enaugh. Probably. I'll try it again tonight.
    Off-topic: I learned from your avatar that we have a new Doctor

IncGamers Member

If you're using ICE RW, use exploding arrow for cold immunes, not physical damage/ strafe. That's only for faith and windforce builds.
    WWS sucks.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    WWS sucks.
    One persons' opinion. I have finished the game using WWS. It doesn't suck. The damage is lower than Faith or Windforce, yes. But the amp damage doesn't suck. It always goes off with strafe. Take your time. Enjoy the game. Use some strategy rather than blowing through everything like a hammerdin or a lightning zon.

@ Dagaz, yes we have a new Doctor. I suspect we'll meet him during the 50th anniversary episode in November or perhaps as late as the Christmas episode. Hopefully it's the 50th anni episode so that he can do the xmas episode and we can get to know him before we have to wait until next summer for new episodes.