Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Amazon build - need help

I've recently started playing lightning javazon, but quickly lost interest ... the thing is it reminds me too much of some sort of strange combo between zealer and lightning sorc. Now I'm thinking to respec, but ... To what? All in all I guess I'm looking for a different playstyle. So far I've played zeal paladin, lightning and orb sorc, ww barb, fury druid and bone necro. What type of Anazon would you guys reccomend?
    Btw, I've never played any build based on poison damage, but it seems to me that amazon is pretty weak in that department.
    Would be really grateful for any suggestions

Re: Amazon build - need help

Whats your budget?

Upper middle class I guess.
    Oh, and it's SP.

SP... so that means Ladder rws are out of the question? Do you trade or selffound only?

Offered too little info ... Sorry.
    So, yes, is SP and self found; I do however use GoMule muling program and RWM to use ladder runewords.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Well, the Javazon is one of the most powerful lightning builds in the game. If it wasn't fun I am not sure how you're going to do with a different Amazon build. Give a Bowazon a try. It takes skill and strategy to play one. I say that because she is not very tough, not a great deal of life or resists, but a good build can be fun. It takes some patience since she is not going to one shot most critters. Take a look at the build guide sticky. Most of those builds are still viable. Not sure what you're looking for but there are several choices in there. Make your choice then come back with any questions you might have.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

I've been reading those guides on and off for the past few days and bowazon really cought my interest. I've respeced my amazon and so far I can say I really enjoy playing it. I've never really much liked to play bow characters (except D1, but that was ages ago), but I have a feeling this could work well for me.
    I do, however have two (very general) questions:
    - life and mana leech. Do they work the same for bows as for other physical characters? It just seem strnge to me.
    - I choose cold damage bowazon; can someone give me heads up on just how big a problem will be mana later on?

IncGamers Member

Freezing Arrow is pretty mana intensive as bow skills go, but it is manageable. You'll need mana leech for sure. Frostburn Gauntlets would also be nice.

Thanx. Another question. On Razortail and Stormstrike you can find Piercing attack (33 and/or 25). What does this mean? It is not a skill level, I think. I'd just like to know what the numbers mean. Percentage? Also doubt it.

IncGamers Member

It actually is a percentage. You'd think they'd put the "%" sign in there, right?